I just realized now....

Noor13
Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
.....how badly I used to treat my body over the years.

This message board truly was an eye opener for me.

Before I joined you here I typically would have for breakfast a cup of coffee and aehm.....nothing
Then for lunch maybe a few carrot sticks and an apple, some yoghurt....
And then a light dinner when my Dh came back from work

I didn't even realize how little I was eating, until I started my journey on here.

I used to be anorexic when I was about 18 years old-ever since (mind I am 34 now) I used to live on restricted calories. So I messed up my metabolism BIG TIME!

This is the reason why 2400kcal which is my TDEE is so hard to reach for me at the moment, cause I am just not used to that amount of food. But I worked my way up to 2000, I gained about 3 or 4 pounds, but I do feel great.
I have energy and much more stamina chasing after my three girls. I love to do my workouts and just feel great.

The next step will be to do a full metabolic reset. I don't care if it will take a few weeks longer before losing the 10 pounds I want to lose. I have been cruel to my body for so long, so I feel that I owe it to myself to get it right.

Ok, before it is going to be too long, I just wanted to thanks everyone here for your support and help.
There are so many great people on here.

I usually steer clear from message boards, but this one I truly love.

Thanks guys :)))))

Replies

• GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Welcome and thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm normally not a message board person either but I have found this to be always positive and supportive.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I'm on 2000cal too.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Great stuff that you are doing so well. I know how you feel about upping cals and you are def in the right place. I am on 2150 and man it is like eating non stop sometimes. I think that we have all had those aha moments when we realise what we have been doing and just wanna slap ourselves. But the fact that we are eating properly now is the best thing for our body as well as our mental well being. I certainly see a whole lot clearer now.

Great that your on the right track and even better that you feel so good.

Well done and enjoy the journey

:flowerforyou:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Thanks guys-it's nice to know to have a place for support:heart: