Cant figure all the ratio's out

Hello all. I'm just starting week 2 today of EMTWL. I was eating 1,200 calories and starting last week upped my calories to 1881 a day. On workout days I often have to eat back a small portion of my calories so on those days I'm eating approx. 2000 calories. Anyhow, I'm trying to figure it all out still. I either do great making my 1881 calories a day but go over in fat and sugar grams or I can stay under on my sugar and fat grams but also go under on my calories for the day. I have myfitnesspal set up for what was suggested (30/30/40).....I have my sugar set up for 40 grams a day. I always go over every day in fiber and protein. Any suggestions?? Which is more important? staying right on my calorie allowment for the day or sticking to my sugar/fat grams allowance for the day>

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Hey,
    Ya know i found that the sugar tracking is really off.. it counts some sugars in fruits that shouldn't really be counted as those are not processed or added sugars.. the sugars you want to keep low are the stuff that is added to food (like Gatorade has sugar, or yogurt or if you put sugar in your coffee, soda.. etc)
    I think most of us are tracking sodium so you can swap sugar for sodium.. I currently do sodium and sugar but I want to switch the sugar out for something better spent tracking as I am always over from just fruit at times, maybe fiber or something..
    As for your ratio's you may want to play around more with carb/protein and lower the fat one.. maybe 40/40/20, or 40/30/30 (carb/pro/fat)
  • Thank you!!