Do you still eat cut val on rest days?

Options
BAtobe
BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
Am I supposed to keep my calories consistent, even on rest days or just stick to BMR on those days? Im 175 and am in the gym 4-6 days a week, 1hr each time. Some days are 20min warm up cardio and lift the other 40 and some days are all strength (either just machines or a class). I am 5'6" and my goal weight is 155. Right now, I keep cals around 2000-2100 and on rest days I aim for BMR 1590. Thanks!

Replies

• avalynsmom
    avalynsmom Posts: 78
    Options
    I eat the same every day, with the exception being extra cals (200) on strength training days. So no matter whether I rest or workout, I eat the same.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Eat the same everyday, workout or no workout. The goal you have should be based out on your average weekly tdee and already incorporates the exercise you do AND the rest days you take. It's just all evened out into a nice daily number instead of going up and down every day. The reason for the consistency is so that your body gets used to getting a certain amount of food every day. You are teaching your body to trust you.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Eat the same everyday, workout or no workout. The goal you have should be based out on your average weekly tdee and already incorporates the exercise you do AND the rest days you take. It's just all evened out into a nice daily number instead of going up and down every day. The reason for the consistency is so that your body gets used to getting a certain amount of food every day. You are teaching your body to trust you.

^^^^^^ this!
    Eat that cut!