My fit Pals - What's your fav. healthy snack, food, recipe?

Options

Replies

• twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter
    natural almond butter (the Trader Joe's brand is AMAZING!)
    sunflower seeds
    pumpkin seeds (again, Trader Joe's brand is AMAZING!!)
    almonds
    hard-boiled eggs
    light string cheese
    hummus and whole wheat pita chips (the chips are easy to make yourself)
    kale chips
    snapea crisps
    homemade granola

Oh and I just found a recipe on Pinterest for roasted chickpeas!!! I'm totally trying these sometime next week!!
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    Chicken breast or tenders marinated in lime juice, olive oil and a little salt on the grill. Add avocado salsa (avocado, chopped tomato,diced red onion, season to taste). This is one of our favorite dinners lately.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hummus
    peanut butter and company dark chocolate pb
    Dried cranberries and almonds
    veggie soup
    apples or apple sauce
    morningstar farms veggie corn dog
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    This might not sound tasty but it is!

Cottage cheese, chopped dates, and pumpkin spices.

sounds good to me ;) I love cottage cheese and dates :)
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Apples (pink lady is the bestest!) with almond butter. Sooooooo good. Calories in almond butter do add up fast though :)
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i love almond butter. pink lady apples yummy.

coconut milk smoothies are good just be sure to use only 1/2 the can

I put in strawberries with a tsp of honey and blend it. its a yummy drink
  • techmom29
    techmom29 Posts: 103
    Options
    I mix a can of tuna with 1 Tbsp olive oil mayo and 1 tsp sweet relish (or chopped sweet pickle) and eat on ritz crackers. It's actually what I'd eat for a lunch, and not a snack. But it would certainly work for a snack, too. :)
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I love roasted almonds. I also like to eat zucchini sauteed in a little olive oil, so yummy.
  • newve
    newve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love Blue Diamonds Roasted Butter Toffee Almonds... If I want something sweet, I will just snack on a few of them and I'm satisfied..
  • listabit
    listabit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My current obsession is a greek yogurt smoothie: 3/4 c fage 2% or nonfat plain greek yogurt, 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana (or more), and some stevia. Blend and drink. Often I'll add a TBSP of natural peanut butter. Sometimes I use vanilla almond milk and 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder. It taste like a milkshake. I had 3 of them yesterday. One day I had to go home from work for lunch to make one. Really good!
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    My current obsession is a greek yogurt smoothie: 3/4 c fage 2% or nonfat plain greek yogurt, 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana (or more), and some stevia. Blend and drink. Often I'll add a TBSP of natural peanut butter. Sometimes I use vanilla almond milk and 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder. It taste like a milkshake. I had 3 of them yesterday. One day I had to go home from work for lunch to make one. Really good!

Now that sounds like something I need to try. :)
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I love Jamie Eason's recipes on www.bodybulding.com. Also, greek yogurt with protein powder in the freezer for 30 mins is great...gives me my ice cream fix, lol! I have a recipe on the recipe thread (its probably buried, will have to see if we can sticky that one...) for protein PB balls.
  • AmyzNewGroove
    AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Any lean meat/fish recipes?

Turkey Veggie Meatloaf Cups!! So delicious and versitle. I eat them alone, or smashed up and in a whole grain flax wrap with cheese, or with pasta and sauce. Sometimes I sub the marinara for BBQ sauce. SO GOOD and tons of protein!

1 lb 93/7 lean ground turkey
    1/3 cup whole wheat cous cous
    1 egg
    1 tbsp honey dijon mustard
    2 tbsp low sodium worcestershire sauce
    2-4 tbsps marinara sauce
    1 medium zucchini, diced
    1 medium red bell pepper, diced
    1 medium yellow onion, diced

Mix all ingredients together and portion into muffin bakeware. Bake @375 until toothpick comes out clean.
  • 202685tracy
    202685tracy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    low fat plain greek yogurt with PB2 (peanut butter powder...all the flavor but not much of the fat) and berries and a little vanilla stevia drops. I also like daisy 2% cottage cheese with almonds and fruit.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatloaf sounds delish. Let me copy and paste. I never thought of this. Thanks,!
  • Susan923
    Susan923 Posts: 61
    Options
    Bump
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Okay, one of my MFP friends just suggested this to me and it was awesome. Baked sweet potato, some butter and cinnamon, and an ounce of goat cheese. New addiction.
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    Okay, one of my MFP friends just suggested this to me and it was awesome. Baked sweet potato, some butter and cinnamon, and an ounce of goat cheese. New addiction.
    Wow...this sounds delish. Let me add this to the list too.
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    To satisfy my sweet tooth. Dusted chocolate almonds.... Good knockoff too Hershey Almond bar or Sugar Free pudding with almonds and granola.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Avocado, full fat cottage cheese, full fat greek yogurt, brazil nuts, sunflower kernels, pistachios, a HUGE salad, banana, apple, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries