Good way to up calorie intake

Options
lovesharmony
lovesharmony Posts: 71 Member
Wondering if someone can give me some ideas on upping my calorie intake?

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Avacados
    Full fat cheese
    Full fat greek yogurt
    Protien Shakes
    Nuts
    Peanut Butter
    Beef Jerkey

:)

Mike
  • avalynsmom
    avalynsmom Posts: 78
    Options
    Whenever I'm low, I add in extra olive oil, peanut butter, whole wheat breads, greek yogurt, and protein powder mixed with milk. You can check out my diary if you need some ideas, feel free to friend me too. I eat quite a bit every day, I usually have 400-600cal meals and 100-200+ cal snacks. Oh yeah, and a good high cal protein smoothie/shake is a great way to get extra cals in! And I eat every 2hrs, sometimes every 3, so that helps with not feeling totally overstuffed/full after every meals.
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this question. Since I have upped my calories I've been eating everything under the sun.....and I know I should be choosing healthier options. As much as I'd love to live off cake and cookies I know better...hehe!

I'm looking forward to others' responses.
  • lovesharmony
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've been eating at 1200 a day and that's too low. I've been to scared to increase my intake but I know it's for the best. I burn too much at the end of the day plus I feel tired all the time. Thanks for the input.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You can check out my diary!

My current favorite snack is half cup skim ricotta with a tbsp sweetened coconut and a tbsp of mini chocolate chips. Add a dash of stevia if you things on the sweeter side like I do. It's freaking delicious!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm low, I add in extra olive oil, peanut butter, whole wheat breads, greek yogurt, and protein powder mixed with milk. You can check out my diary if you need some ideas, feel free to friend me too. I eat quite a bit every day, I usually have 400-600cal meals and 100-200+ cal snacks. Oh yeah, and a good high cal protein smoothie/shake is a great way to get extra cals in! And I eat every 2hrs, sometimes every 3, so that helps with not feeling totally overstuffed/full after every meals.

Ditto!!

I also make my own salad dressings most of the time so I can control the fat, sodium and sugar content but that's an excellent way to increase your calories in a healthy manner. Also, if you like salads, add sunflower seeds or almonds....oh and beans. Garbanzo beans and kidney beans are awesome in a salad (just be sure to buy the low sodium variety and rinse them off before adding to your salad).

Protein powder and/or protein bars helps increase calories.

I eat bigger portions of proteins too, like I'll have a 6-8 oz piece of chicken breast or a 7-oz piece of fish. Great source of protein and it helps add calories!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I started to add to my breakfast oatmeal some coconut flakes and raisins-10g of each are 100kcal

Nuts in all variations are a good way, and full fat versions of everything

Also make sure you start eating early-it's easier to adjust the calories. I made the mistake to leave it to later, and then I was not able to fit in enough calories.
  • lovesharmony
    Options
    Thanks i will keep that in mind. :)