Low Calorie, Quick & Easy Lunches to take to work

Options
2»

Replies

• fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for ideas too - there are some great ones posted already.

I like to mix:
    1/2 cup beans
    1/4 cup salsa
    63g boiled chicken (or whatever amount...)

This comes out to 294 calories, 24 g carbs, 12g fat, 19g protein.

If I don't have chicken ready, I will often microwave an egg and put the beans and salsa on top. I add cilantro if I have it around. And then I also bring raw veggies.

If I feel like I need dip for my veggies, I mix fat free, plain Greek yogurt with onion soup mix and lots of pepper.

This sounds good. And probably gives you a lot of energy! Can't wait to try it, I have all the ingerediets, except salsa.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Salads are quick to throw together. I use a base of 2 cups romaine & 1 cup spinach then go from there adding other vegies on hand. Variety means I never get bored, Add light house blue cheese crumble, a little bacon bits or cook a few slices for breakfast one morning and save a slice to add to salad, sliced tomato, slice hard boiled egg, 1/4 slice of avocado , with blue cheese dressing you got a Cobb salad Romaine,spinach, raspberries, shelled walnuts pieces or almond slices with raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Greens with Tyson pre cooked chicken strips, add other vegies you like. I make lettuce wraps turkey & tomato wrapped in lettuce or romaine. Add cheese if you like. or use pita pockets fill with tuna, lettuce, tomato. Land of frost black pepper beef with thin spread of cream cheese and roll like an appetizer, left over chicken breast, fish from dinner night before. Microwave at work. Serving for one vegies I can microwave, Love broccoli & cheese. Tuna & crackers. add sugar free pudding or jello, Nature Valley chewy protein bars in peanuts, almonds & dark chocolate, fruit berries are low calorie, cottage cheese with fruit. Hope these give you some ideas......

mmmmm did my stomach just growl???
  • gregre04
    Options
    I have Joseph's flax,oat bran tortillas with chicken breast,fresh spinach,cranberries and chopped walnuts. Sometimes I but a small amount of ranch dressing on it.
  • Stinkie71
    Options
    what type of beans do you use?
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I make and freeze smoothies in protein shake bottles. Make a load up (make sure all your ingredients will freeze okay!) and take out of freezer in the morning. They will be defrosted and yum by lunch time. It's like a dessert and you can have it at your desk.

humus and veggies is always good.

soups take a bit of prep, but are easy to warm up. Add a pitta and it's doubly satisfying.

You can buy lots of nuts / dried fruit / fruit and divide them up into little containers / sandwich bags so they're ready to go. This works especially well if you have something a little bit different each day.