Is this right?

momwithacamera
momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
I am new to this, just upped my calories a week ago, to 1700 calories per day which is my TDEE (2000) -15%. My BMR is 1385. I have a BodyMedia fit, and it says that today (a very busy day and I also worked out a lot), I burned 2400 calories. So, I ate 2100 calories... going off the assumption that if I burn more than 315, I need to eat those back so that I don't net below BMR. Is that right? And is it right that not matter how much I burn, I can't be in a deficit more than 315 calories? I just want to know I am doing it right... I read all the sticky posts and this is what I think I'm supposed to be doing, but would love to know if that's right?
Thanks!
Jen

Replies

• twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Yes, you only need to eat back enough calories so you don't net below your BMR.

Have you done an average TDEE report yet?

I don't go by the daily amount but more of the average TDEE for the last 7 days. That way I'm not being too inconsistent with my calorie intake on a daily basis. There are days where my deficit is higher than 500 and other days where it's only 300. It all balances out in the end for me.
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    That's great to do it as an average! I set my TDEE off a 28 day average of right around 2000, but obviously today was way high. The average method you are talking about appeals to me, because then I don't need to do all this jumping through hoops and eating late in the evening to compensate for a high burn.
    Thanks!
    Jen