Recipes??

Options
Desmonema
Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
Maybe we can start posting our best recipes and tips concering food here!

mine for today: lovely breakfast with sweet potato!!
I put 150 grams of cubed sweet potato in the microwave with little water and cinnamon, then put it into the blender and added some stevia. Pour that over a bowl of fresh blueberries and top with greek yogurt (I will have to use soy yogurt in the future... no lactose for me... ) and some chopped almonds/walnuts.
That was sooooo yummy!!!

Replies

• Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Love the idea always can use new recipes
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I admit you all are way more fit then me I am sure. I am new to all this. Well just returning after a 13 year break for lack of a better word. Any ways. Here is a recipe. Makes a bunch. Very filling and freeze well. This is the basic recipe. You can adjust for what you like and what is available or fresh in your area. I put can items just cause most of these can be found year round. But I really rather use fresh when I can.

this makes 14 - 2c servings. Love this with a large salad. Very filling. Here is the general stuff I put in it. You can adjust for yourself and what comes in your area or what you like. But general idea.

I use the EVOO just to brown the turkey in and saute the veg a bit beofre adding everything else. If any of you try it let me know what you think. This also freeze well. Just reheat in pan with water in it.

Caroline (Save A Lot) - Ground Turkey, 12 oz 6
    Wylwood - Grade A Fancy Dark Red Kidney Beans, 1/2 Cup
    Dakota's Pride (Aldi) - Great Northern Beans Canned, 1 cup (130g)
    Mothers Maid - Kidney Beans - Light Red, 1/2 cup
    Celery - Raw, 1 cup chopped
    Garlic - Raw, 2 clove
    Onions - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Carrots - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Campbell's V8 - Low Sodium Original Vegetable Juice, 11.5 oz
    Happy Harvest - White Distilled Vinegar, 1 Tbsp
    Oil - Olive, 1 tablespoon
    Happy Harvest - Aldi's - Tomato Sauce, 2 cup
    Spices - Oregano, dried, 1 tsp, leaves
    Generic - Green Bell Pepper- Raw, 1 large bell pepper
    Happy Harvest - Aldi(M) - Diced Tomatoes, 1 cup
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Chol
    Total: 1657 177 66 96 4620 240
    Per Serving: 118 13 5 7 330 17
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks you can have any time:

Banana Walnut Cottage Cheese
    1/2 cup low sodium cottage cheese (I use Breakstone)
    1/2 banana, crescent cut (slice in half, and then dice up the halves. Actually looks like half moon pieces)
    1/8 cup of walnuts, crushed (walnuts are soft enough to crush with your fingers. If you want to use almonds instead, crushing with a knife works well for those, or you can throw them in a food processor!)

Comes out to like 232 calories. It's in my food journal for today if you want to check out the rest of the stats!

Have a great day!
  • Desmonema
    Options
    That sounds really good!!
    Here's my newly discovered breakfast-favorite:
    butternut-'porridge':
    - half of a roasted butternut squash (best microwave it)
    - one TBSP almond butter
    - cinnamon
    - honey or stevia (if you want it sweeter)

Just puree the squash, stir in the almond butter and cinnamon into the warm mixture and you're ready to go. This makes a delicious post-workout breakfast/meal!!!
  • Annaruthus
    Options
    Girl this sounds great! I'll have to check it out! Butternut squash is pretty cheap! Thanks!
    butternut-'porridge':
    - one TBSP almond butter
    - cinnamon

Just puree the squash, stir in the almond butter and cinnamon into the warm mixture and you're ready to go. This makes a delicious post-workout breakfast/meal!!!
  • Annaruthus
    Options
    Butternut squashes are huge! How do you roast one?
    Girl this sounds great! I'll have to check it out! Butternut squash is pretty cheap! Thanks!
    butternut-'porridge':
    - one TBSP almond butter
    - cinnamon

• Desmonema
    Options
    butternut-'porridge':
    - one TBSP almond butter
    - cinnamon

Easiest way (if you do not have a lot of time) is just to through a whole squash in the microwave for about 15 to 20 mins (depends on size as well). Otherwise to get that lovely roast taste, just cut it in half and place it on a baking tray (with baking sheet below) cut side down and roast it at about 350 for 25 to 40 mins!!
  • Annaruthus
    Options
    So.... butternut squash is delicious. That is all... :-)
    butternut-'porridge':
    - one TBSP almond butter
    - cinnamon

Easiest way (if you do not have a lot of time) is just to through a whole squash in the microwave for about 15 to 20 mins (depends on size as well). Otherwise to get that lovely roast taste, just cut it in half and place it on a baking tray (with baking sheet below) cut side down and roast it at about 350 for 25 to 40 mins!!
  • crystna1985
    Options
    That sounds really good,and great idea with the yogurt considering its got a sour cream taste:)
    I like to add pb2 and sugar free blueberry preserves to my sweet potatoes...so good!
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My new bfast "grab & go"

1. 12 egg whites (6 if whole eggs)
    2. grated cheese (your choice)
    3. meat ( i use leftovers or turkey bacon)
    4. salt & pepper
    "puff pastry" busciut or low carb wrap sectioned in 4 (optional)

"butter muffin tins" using "fake butter spray" or a cap full of veg oil will do the whole pan, using fingers to grease

**if you are using biscuit cut in half after you open pkg & place in bottom of muffin tin
    **if you are using low carb wrap section in 4 - i use a round cookie cutter, but qtr'ing it will do - and place in bottom of muffin tin

mix ingredients 1-4 together, fill muffin tins 3/4 way full - bake @ 400 for about 20 minutes.

bag & grab for the wk :)