I think i messed up yesterday

chrmdone1980
chrmdone1980 Posts: 10 Member
these are my stats from yesterday

Goal -3346(TDEE) Food - 2800 Exercise-1491 (if the activity burn on here is correct) Net - 1309

my BMR is 2156 - should my net have been at least this?

When I workout i usually go to Zumba and that is a high burn - any advice?

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    If the cals burned from zumba are from a HRM (not calculated by MFP) and correct, then yes.
    Never eat below your BMR.

Today's a new day, start planning! Eat more earlier in the day helps.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Yes, your net should be at least your BMR.

One day won't mess you up! Sounds like you're aware of the numbers you need to hit, so just take that knowledge and move forward :)

edited to add-- once I got my HRM I realized that MFP's database runs a little high, so take those calorie burns with a grain of salt...
  • chrmdone1980
    chrmdone1980 Posts: 10 Member
    can anyone recommend a good (and fairly cheap) heart rate monitor?
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    can anyone recommend a good (and fairly cheap) heart rate monitor?

I have a new balance one that I got at target for about $60. I have also heard really good things about the Polar FT7. However, may I suggest just using the scooby calculator and putting in your correct activity level. Since that already factors in your exercise calories, you just eat your TDEE-15% and dont worry so much about exactly how many calories you are burning each day. Just a thought...
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    I suggest just using the scooby calculator and putting in your correct activity level. Since that already factors in your exercise calories, you just eat your TDEE-15% and dont worry so much about exactly how many calories you are burning each day. Just a thought...

I agree. I spent 100 freakin dollars on my HRM and although it worked for me for a while, I wish I'd just done the TDEE cut from the get-go, it's so much easier and less OCD-inducing.
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    I have the Polar FT4, which I found on amazon for about $60-65. Less bells and whistles than FT7 but so far so good.
    I like having an HRM because it helps me push myself. I know what I burn when I go to a step class so the HRM keeps me from slacking off. And it was shocking to me how off machines were - over 100 cals.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Any of the Polars are good.

I have an FT7, a buddy of mine has an FT4.