30's Daily - 5/31

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)

Replies

• shorty313
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Almost the weekend!

So the scale is showing a 1.5 lb INCREASE since last Friday :grumble: I've been tracking diligently (even my M&M binge) and I've been within my calories +/- 50 cals so I KNOW it's water weight, but it still annoys me! I've had a fairly high sodium week, partly out of my control, but it still sucks!

On note positive, we've been taking strawberries in from our garden hand over fist! YUM!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Man I wish I had a garden! How nice!

So my legs were sore just laying bed this morning. I'm completely dreading when the DOMS actually hits. No exercise for me today except maybe some stretching!

My work is having potluck tomorrow and its looking to be a disastrous eating day heading into the weekend. I have to cook my dish tonight. On the upside I'm typically very wary of eating food prepared by people I don't know so that may keep me away from eating anything that wasn't prepared by my group.

Happy thursday!
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi guys, hope everyone has had a good Thursday so far. Another busy day at the funny farm for me. Had to be bad cop today and supernanny the hell out of two pain in the backside employees. Feels good to flex the boss man muscles every once in a while. The human body can be cruel when it comes to the scale. I've hidden mine now under the cabinet in the bathroom. Hopefully your results will sort themselves out when you lose your water weight Debbie. You have the advantage over me in the strawberry stakes though. Mine are still flowers and nowhere near picking. My garden is more of a patio and is in serious need of sorting out before my parents turn up on Sunday. Night off from the gym tonight so I'm going to break out the steamer and make a nice big meal of mackeral fillet and veggies. Roll on 6 pm :smile:.
  • shorty313
    Options
    Run FAIL today, lol. I started on the trail fine, and got to where it splits at the canal path. There was a tractor traveling down my usual way (where I can gauge distance by highway overpasses) so I went the other way. The tractor had already passed there, but the tracks were so uneven from his tires I thought I was going to turn an ankle. Apparently they are getting ready to lay crushed gravel this weekend, right now it's just dirt ruts from usage. I ran about 8 min before I decided it was too dangerous and settled for walking mixed with a handful of 15 sec sprints when I saw a clear stretch.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Debbie - doing sprints doesn't sound like a fail to me at all! If you pushed hard on those, then it's maybe not the run you were shooting for, but still a pretty successful outing exercise-wise.

I'm supposed to be finishing my last 4 workouts of the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, but I'm getting bored and fizzling out on it :grumble: All of the HIIT/circuit training is wearing on me, and both my shoulders and knees are sore (from planks.pushups and jump training, respectively). I admit I've skipped a few cardio workouts in favor of starting NROLFW Phase 1. I have a Bowflex and a Swiss ball in my basement that have been feeling lonely, and the weightlifting is such a welcome change from cardio intervals.

All of that said, I did do a Jillian workout last night with the husband (he's been keeping up with the 90-day Body Revolution quite well) and I managed to do a few wheel pushups - the ones that injured my back last week - so I was pretty psyched about that.

Tomorrow we leave to visit my in-laws for a long weekend, so I probably won't be on here much. Should be a fun visit - one niece has a new baby that we haven't met yet, another is newly engaged, and a nephew just graduated from high school - lots of stuff to celebrate :drinker: My only goal is to not eat *too* much of the delicious, fatty/salty food that I'm sure will be available :bigsmile: