Something simple................

mini72
mini72 Posts: 59 Member
I am new to MFP and have been reading all the posts.I am particularly interested in ELTWL.

I just want an answer to my question in simple terms because I am getting a bit bamboozled!!

My BMR is 1504.

My TDEE is 2327.

I burn approx 250 calories 4 times a week jogging.

So I am working out that I should have about 1978 calories a day. Is that correct?

Replies

• jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Yes, you are correct, if you are doing a 15% cut, then you would be at 1978. You want to eat that much even on days that you do not workout. If you do have a day that you work out a ton and you go below you BMR, then you need to eat more. I would encourage you to add strength training to your routine. You will change the shape of your body and help burn fat. Cardio is good, but in moderation. Hope this helps!!
  • mini72
    mini72 Posts: 59 Member
    Thanks so much!

Am starting 30 day shred tomorrow and I do use kettlebells occasionally too!

Right,I am sure now of what I am doing so go me!!!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Yes, you are correct, if you are doing a 15% cut, then you would be at 1978. You want to eat that much even on days that you do not workout. If you do have a day that you work out a ton and you go below you BMR, then you need to eat more. I would encourage you to add strength training to your routine. You will change the shape of your body and help burn fat. Cardio is good, but in moderation. Hope this helps!!

Welcome! Sounds like you have a great plan there, enjoy the journey!!