Please help me, I keep messing myself up

shanna0413
shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
Hi guys. I need some help. I am so confused and so lost right now. My calories intake has been all over the place lately. Never too low but always too high. And I have not been exercising like I should. The last 3-4 weeks have been bbqs, going out, eating too much, sleeping too much, drinking too much and doing too much of nothing good. I have fallen off of the wagon very very badly. I keep trying to get back on, but I am having no luck.

I got my pool set up this weekend and have been swimming everyday since Saturday. I started tracking my calories again on Tuesday and I am watching what I eat.

I have my calories set at moderate TDEE with a -15%. Is this what I should stick with? Or should I reset or should I eat less since I have been so stationary?

My clothes are all feeling tighter and not fitting right and I am very blah feeling. I dont know what to do. I was at 205 then I got all messed up and I am back to 214 with my clothes fighting tight. Please help me.

Thank you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Hey!

We are definitely here to help.

First, can you post up your TDEE numbers, your set activity level ect?

Second, were you eating at a very low caloric diet before this?

TDEE Reset may be exactly what you need at this point, but Ill check your numbers when you psot them.

Thanks!

Mike
  • shanna0413
    Thank you for the help

Little or no exercise 2077 -15%= 1766
    Light 2380 -15%= 2023
    Moderate 2683 -15% =2281

Bmr 1731

I am 214 lbs right now. I was down to 205. I have never eaten below 1800. Even when I was just following MFP recomendations I always ate back my exercise calories.

I work 730-530 Monday through Thursday. I am an Ophthalmic Technician, I am on my feet most of the day. We 50-60 patients a day. Friday I work 730-1230 so it is a shorter day. Tuesdays are not as busy.

I was working out on a reg basis, but I have been slacking. I want to get back into it. I have weights at home I was lifting. I also have dogs to walk, a pool, gazelle, stationary bike a punching bag. I need to get back into it. I also was working on running, I have done 3 5ks this year (walking and running lol).

I hope this is what you needed. Let me know if I need to add anything else.
  • shanna0413
    Oh and I have a dairy allergy where I break out in a rash and cant eat any dairy. I dont know if that is a factor or not.
  • shanna0413
    Before I was averaging about 1800 or more cals a day so i dont think that was too low.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    My opinion I would probably label you as moderate activity since you are moving around most of the day and on your feet, then trying to exercise after that.... I think those last 3-4 weeks have done you in.. Just need to get back into the exercise and eating correctly to start getting that down.. Just think a piece of bbq (ribs, brisket, chicken) and a drink/beer or 2 and your almost at 1k calories.. plus all the goodies that usually accompany a good bbq.. snacks etc etc
  • shanna0413
    thank you for the advice. any more takers? lol the more the merrier
  • swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    I would stick with your cut of 15%, crack down on eating, get back into exercising and give it a good 6-8 weeks with good consistency.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    I think you got some good advice and I just wanted to add something.
    I can see how this EM2WL could be a slippery slope for some (including me) to use it as a free for all to eat whatever, whenever so we all have to be careful. Especially those of us who have restricted for so long. For me, I am trying to eat 2500 calories a day. It is a lot of food, but if I just ate whatever I wanted all day, I would definitely go over.
    I try to look at it as still a way of eating or a path to good health (don't want to use the word diet). I am trying to make healthy choices a good part of the time and I am also focusing on building lean muscle mass. I can't do that on junk food. If I am going to gain a few pounds, I want it to be from healthy food and muscles to make it worth my while. Why do I want to risk adding pounds of fat back on by overeating/eating junk?
    I am tired of the spinning wheel I have been on and ready for a change. You have to be ready for a change. This is a slow process.
    You can do this. You have control over what goes in your mouth, over what you feed your body. This is not an opportunity to go wild with food, it is an opportunity to build a good foundation onto which you can thrive in the future.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    I think you got some good advice and I just wanted to add something.
    I can see how this EM2WL could be a slippery slope for some (including me) to use it as a free for all to eat whatever, whenever so we all have to be careful. Especially those of us who have restricted for so long. For me, I am trying to eat 2500 calories a day. It is a lot of food, but if I just ate whatever I wanted all day, I would definitely go over.
    I try to look at it as still a way of eating or a path to good health (don't want to use the word diet). I am trying to make healthy choices a good part of the time and I am also focusing on building lean muscle mass. I can't do that on junk food. If I am going to gain a few pounds, I want it to be from healthy food and muscles to make it worth my while. Why do I want to risk adding pounds of fat back on by overeating/eating junk?
    I am tired of the spinning wheel I have been on and ready for a change. You have to be ready for a change. This is a slow process.
    You can do this. You have control over what goes in your mouth, over what you feed your body. This is not an opportunity to go wild with food, it is an opportunity to build a good foundation onto which you can thrive in the future.

This! I enjoy food - most of us do if we're willing to admit it. And those group events - bbqs,etc...They're so fun and this is the time of year for them. Something to help get back on track - do you have a local farmer's market. I find locally grown fresh fruit almost as hard to resist as ice cream. And it's filling and won't even kill too many calories if you accidentally eat out of boredom. Perhaps splurging if you're able to right now on healthy things that you love and filling the house will help you get back on track. I almost always get off track unintentionally when I run out of fresh fruit in the house.

The first few days of getting back on track will be the hardest, but you will start to feel better and more determined to stay on track after a few days.

I'll be glad to support you in any way I can.
  • shanna0413
    Thank you!! Anyone else?
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    i also noticed a slight gain and hold during a 2 week span where i was less active than usual and ate more freely due to lots of big life events and parties! I realized i was basically eating at TDEE for no exercise so my weight hold made sense. I decided to not piss my body off anymore and keep at the same calories and just recommit to being active once i got back into a routine.

good luck!