Hellooo from an ex- breakfast skipper

YepLilly
YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
Hi all! Thanks for creating this group!

I've been known for skipping breakfast most days (I know, bad!). I did it for no particular reason, I just didn't feel like it, ha! (bad bad). I also used to skip other meals, or eat them at different times. No consistency at all. I wasn't trying to lose weight by doing so, I guess I just got used to it. Even though I knew it was bad, I kept doing it, who knows why! Lol, just being honest here.

Needless to say, my metabolism was (is?) a wreck! ... but! enough is enough. I'm eating breakfast daily now, having several small meals per day, and trying not to skip any. I have also upped my calories and I'm drinking more water. I feel I have more energy and that I'm hungrier. I hope that means my metabolism is getting fixed!

No exact point to my post, just wanted to say hi to all the fellow EMTWLers!

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Welcome to the group!

You should take a look at all the stickies to get up to speed on this.

Also you should post up your calculated TDEE numbers :)

Anyways its nice to be able to eat food aint it?

Welcome to the group!
  • YepLilly
    Thanks!

I'm 5'5 and trying to lose about 10-15 pounds (most of which seem to be stored in my tummy lol). These are my numbers according to the scooby calculator.

BMR ~ 1430
    TDEE (sedentary) ~ 1720
    TDEE (moderate) ~ 2200
  • fiveohmike
    What kind of workouts are you doing?

Also have you started taking measurements? Thats key right there. The scale will fluctuate a bit the first weeks in, but the measurements are what you should be concerned with.
  • YepLilly
    Good point about the measurements! I'm going to start doing that.

I do a mix of everything. Weight training: 2-3x week. Cardio: 3-4x week (spinning, step, zumba, kickboxing, or running... I like variety). Maybe some yoga/pilates here and there. Those are mostly goal numbers, I'm getting back on track so I'm not too consistent yet about exercise. I try to eat the BMR (1430) plus around 400-500 calories (from the workout).
  • fiveohmike
    Ya your definitely in the moderate activity category.

Eating about 1900 calories a day seems about right for the amount of workouts you do! Sounds like you are on your way :)
  • YepLilly
    That's awesome to hear! Thanks for the support! :)