Needing your help!

amylynna1
amylynna1 Posts: 152 Member
well folks three more weeks of boot-camp and weights and I lost 2 inches (1in stomach, 1 in hips). I am up 2.4 pounds? Cals are at 1700. Thoughts? Should I up my cals from 1700- to 2000? I love how strong I feel but want fat to burn away. My scale says I gain fat every-time I gain a pound. I know this must be wrong because I am stronger, faster and clothing fits better.?? Took off 20 seconds of f my mile run and can do more pushups!

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Hello!

The scale will lie! Inches tell the truth! Especially when lifting weights.

Your weight gain is most likely the cause of water retention as the muscles are inflamed from heavy lfiting.

Can you post your TDEE numbers?

Thanks!
  • amylynna1
    amylynna1 Posts: 152 Member
    My TDEE is 2572
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    trust in the inches...if you are losing inches, you are on the right track for now. Weight will fluctuate due to all kinds of factors (weight lifting, water retention, sodium, stress, etc, etc) If you poke around the forums, you'll find all kinds of examples of weight gain, but inches lost...We ignore the scale around here and focus on inches, because that's where the true story is told. :smile:

If you find you hit a plateau, then we'll run your numbers again and possibly bump you up a few cals to get your metabolism raised up a bit...but for now, stay the course...you are doing great!
  • Absidey
    Absidey Posts: 116 Member
    If I understand your comment right about the body fat bit, scales are notoriously inaccurate for that measurement. It can vary by the amount of sodium in your system, if you're dehydrated, and other stuff. Mine told me I jumped 15% body fat in 20 minutes once, so I stopped bothering with it. If you're losing inches and gaining weight, you're losing fat.