30g of Fiber!

YepLilly
YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
What do all of you do to reach 30g of fiber daily? I eat whole grain instead of white, almonds, veggies/fruits. But I can't seem to reach 30g!

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    I take chewable fiber supplements personally.
  • HannahPTA
    HannahPTA Posts: 39
    I feed my coconut addiction 14g fiber for 42g of coconut.
  • YepLilly
    Fiber supplements and coconut. Never thought about those, will look into it!
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Being a vegetarian, I get a lot or fiber. Whole grain pasta, veggies, lentils, brown rice, grains.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I have issues with constipation so fibre is important for me. I eat between 30-35 grams most days. Feel free to add me as a friend and then you can check out my diary.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    oh and what usually helps me get in the right amount is adding a 1/3 cup of all bran buds to my greek yogurt.
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    oh and what usually helps me get in the right amount is adding a 1/3 cup of all bran buds to my greek yogurt.

good suggestion, going to try that too. i usually get close to 30, but have to use a supplement on occassion but would much prefer to get it naturally
  • YepLilly
    Thanks for the replies!

I eat yogurt often so I like the all bran buds idea. And I definitely need to add more lentils and other grains to my meals!