What are your goals for June?

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
For me, some carry over from May, some are new:
1. get below 140 lbs
2. stay to my macros 4/7 days
3. start training for 5 mile race in Aug (begin end of June)
4. keep my sodium below 2300 daily

Replies

• camsmommy2008
    camsmommy2008 Posts: 131
    Options
    My goals for June are a small carry over from May with alittle tweaking!

1. I will get below 180lbs (currently 188)
    2. I will go for a bike ride 4/7 days (May was 3/7)
    3. I will be more diligent about doing my JM videos
    4. I will eat more fresh fruits and veggies
    5. I will cut down on my processed food intake
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Well i managed 3 out of 5 of my May goals so I'm going to carry the two over.

- Take part in a race of some sort.
    - Start swimming again on a regular basis.

Now for new goals in June

- Do the "Crazy 88" cycle ride around the reservoirs once a week.
    - Do 3 sessions of strength training at the gym per week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
    - Start running on a weekly basis.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hmmm . . . I may not be quite as involved in the weekly challenges, but I think I can throw out some goals. :smile:

>Stick with my 1 gram of protein per 1 lb of weight macros while keeping fat intake low - though I've had so much protein lately I'm tempted to become a vegetarian :sick:
    >Start doing my Slim in 6 videos on "off days" from the gym :sad: (it totally kicked my butt last time I tried it)
    >Start and finish stage 3 of NROL4W :happy:
    >FINALLY get under 150 lbs :grumble:

Last month . . .
    Sodium control was a bust . . . may have to tackle that again in the future
    Shorts - haven't tried them on recently . . . keep your fingers crossed!
    Otherwise, I did alright . . .
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hmmm . . . I may not be quite as involved in the weekly challenges, but I think I can throw out some goals. :smile:

>Stick with my 1 gram of protein per 1 lb of weight macros while keeping fat intake low - though I've had so much protein lately I'm tempted to become a vegetarian :sick:
    >Start doing my Slim in 6 videos on "off days" from the gym :sad: (it totally kicked my butt last time I tried it)

Last month . . .

I DID IT!! The shorts fit!! And not only do they fit, the look good - no cutting in at all. I can even run my thumbs around the inside of the waist band! I am beyond excited!!:bigsmile:
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Still no swimming class, and still no bike. Getting my bike in another month, so will keep doing stationary bike. Soooo...

1. Swim class
    2. Begin 13 wk sprint traithlon training
    3. Join gym
    4. Lose a couple pounds would be nice.

Good luck everyone!
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Also some carry overs from May for me, but with a few tweaks:

1. Stay as close as possible to macro goals of 40/30/30 (c/p/f) on a weekly basis.
    2. Lift weights 3x per week (starting NROLFW)
    3. Continue 3x/week weightlifting even (/especially) while on vacation in Vegas :drinker:
    4. Do outside exercise (e.g. golf, biking, or at least 45min of walking) at least 2x per week
    5. Get down to or below original MFP weight of 153 (>1year ago)...that's a 3-4lb loss (depending on which day you ask). I have a lot more muscle than I did then, but the weight has got to go :grumble:
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options

Last month . . .

I DID IT!! The shorts fit!! And not only do they fit, the look good - no cutti
    ng in at all. I can even run my thumbs around the inside of the waist band! I am beyond excited!!:bigsmile:

Yay, bless you SusieQ. Enjoy your victory!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Stick to my calorie goal of a flat 2000 a day and hopefully drop a couple pounds so I can feel comfortable in my bathing suit.

That's it, I'm keeping it simple :smile:
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Here are my June Goals:

-lose minimum of 8-10 pounds! (once I lose 8 llbs, I will reach 35 pounds lost and am allowed to wear my reward! new Addidas shoes! I have kept them in my closet and haven't touched them!
    -work out 5-6X/wk
    -Continue working out arms
    -buy a bike and start riding to switch up work outs
    -Drink at least 8 glasses of water EVERY SINGLE DAY! (I've been killing that goal on work out days!)
    -LESS SWEETS (an every day battle)

*Way to go Susie!

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Last month . . .

I DID IT!! The shorts fit!! And not only do they fit, the look good - no cutting in at all. I can even run my thumbs around the inside of the waist band! I am beyond excited!!:bigsmile:

WOOHOO!
  • Misterbigg37
    Misterbigg37 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do it...As for me I'm keeping things pretty simple

1. Lose wieght...10 to 8 lbs
    2. Consume less sodium...it's been high alot.
    3. Workout...pushing myself to new hieghts (movements and wieghts)
    4. Lastly, track the weekends better...we eat out on the weekends many times, and I need to make good choices when we do that to stay on track. I'll try and research more what is good and what I can do for that day.

I feel pretty good right now. Slow and steady wins the race right? I hope so.

22480669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Misterbigg37
    Options
    what's macros? Can you all educate me on this term and why it's seems so important to so many of you. Thanks. I still have lots to learn.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    what's macros? Can you all educate me on this term and why it's seems so important to so many of you. Thanks. I still have lots to learn.

Macronutrients....just a fancy word for Carbs, fats, protein. :)
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Macronutrients....just a fancy word for Carbs, fats, protein. :)

^ This.

The general idea behind watching these is that a diet made mostly of carbs makes it really easy to go over on calories and still feel hungry, but a diet very low in carbs or very low in fat is hard to maintain long-term (and carbs and fats aren't all bad, anyway). A diet that is more balanced, on the other hand - say 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat - is easier to maintain long-term, because it allows you to eat a wide variety of foods (very little, if anything, is really "off limits"), it helps you feel fuller, and it gives you the extra protein you need to build and maintain muscle (which will, in turn, help burn more fat).

Also, shooting for balanced macros (at least for me) gives extra motivation to stay away from a lot of processed foods that are very high in sugar and fat. Basically, trying to hit a 40/30/30 macro goal helps me eat a more balanced diet overall.
  • Misterbigg37
    Options
    thanks for the explaination...I have been doing that already (just didn't know the name). I came off a low carb diet and see the importance in eating balanced, more whole grains and veggies. They keep me satisfied longer and allow me to eat more...believe that! Thanks again for the knowledge!!!

22480669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools