For at home weight lifters...

knowak82
knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
What brand of weights do you own? Looking for something of decent quality, but Don't want to spend a TON of $$$...

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    I got mine at WalMart - you can buy individual ones, so I got 5, 8, 10, an 15 pound dumb bells fairly inexpensively... Need to go get some 20s next week :-)
  • knowak82

I've been looking at some Cap brand ones on Amazon, in fact...the reviews are mixed, though...that's my only hang up!!! I don't have, like 500 bones to drop on weights though, so I think they might be good to start with???
  • knowak82
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    I started with the adjustable ones like have been mentioned here. They're ok to start with, but they did get on my nerves after a while, lol. That's what's in my avatar, and I still have them, but the ones I have/use now are Ivanko ($$$) shown in my profile..

Kiki
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member

I've been looking at some Cap brand ones on Amazon, in fact...the reviews are mixed, though...that's my only hang up!!! I don't have, like 500 bones to drop on weights though, so I think they might be good to start with???

I also have these ones, and they suited me pretty good in the beginning. Slowly but surely I've been getting exercise equipment. For Christmas I was able to get a squat rack/olympic bench and shortly after I splurged on some bowflex adjustable dumbbells. I love them because they don't take up much space and I can change the weight pretty quickly. It is definitely an investment to purchase this stuff, but after you've bought some basic equipment (and you have the space) there are so many things you can do!

By the way, Play it again sports is a great resource for looking for used weights and other exercise equipment!
  • knowak82
    I also have these ones, and they suited me pretty good in the beginning. Slowly but surely I've been getting exercise equipment. For Christmas I was able to get a squat rack/olympic bench and shortly after I splurged on some bowflex adjustable dumbbells. I love them because they don't take up much space and I can change the weight pretty quickly. It is definitely an investment to purchase this stuff, but after you've bought some basic equipment (and you have the space) there are so many things you can do!

By the way, Play it again sports is a great resource for looking for used weights and other exercise equipment!

We used to have some Play It Again Sports around these here parts, but I haven't seen one in ages. I could probably check out Ebay or Craigslist, although my hubby thinks I'm a princess because most times I prefer new things, LOL! It's just so much easier to go to the store and buy stuff. And it's also instant gratification, haha! :glasses: