Weight lifting gloves

Options
juicemoogan
juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
I'm considering buying weight lifting gloves to help my grip and save my hands from callouses..

Any one switch to gloves and find it helps a lot?

I'm trying for 105 on my dead lift tomorrow,, and my grip was slipping at 95 so im not sure how successful it will be without gloves as i keep increasing.. I'm going to try the rotated hands grip though and see if that helps.

Any advice or experience here?

Replies

• DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    They've helped me. I found some for 97 cents at sports authority marked down from $16. It was a great deal and I really didn't think I needed them but figured what the hell. I'm glad I got them!
  • Nonnie6320
    Options
    Some years ago I had the same problem. My husband (who used to lift a lot) took me out and bought gloves for me and it solved the problem!
  • heymom93
    heymom93 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ditto the suggestions on the gloves. I still get callouses if I don't remember to remove my rings though.
  • TiffyChick
    TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was just noticing tonight that my hands are getting calloused. Def. need to get myself some gloves! : )
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    My gloved definitely help me lift more weight and keep my hands from getting sore/calloused. $8 at Wal-Mart.
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    I love my calloused hands but then they protect my hands when I'm wall climbing!
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Ugh, JEALOUS! I'm so close to 100# on my deadlift.

I noticed my grip giving out also as I got up past about 85#. I tried a lot of gloves and didn't like many. Now I have Versa Gripps. They were expensive, but so worth it. I love mine and find them so much better to use and I don't have to peel gloves on and off...they are comfortable and definitely are helping with my grip.
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yup - helped me alot. I noticed callouses about a month ago and got gloves. I'm still peeling the skin a month larer and trying to soften em back up. So yes - get the gloves!
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have gloves and though they lessen the callouses they don't eliminate them, keep moisturising those hands to help keep the skin soft!. The main reason i got some is because the texture on barbell and dumbbells were hurting my hands. Also I think gloves look awesome haha
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Did 105 lbs deadlift today.. no gloves yet but i tried the alternating grip.. one hand reversed - it helped a bit, ut im still gonna get some gloves.

Thanks everyone!