Yet Another Activity Level Thread

nostripewhite
nostripewhite Posts: 53 Member
I'm kind of conflicted with how to track my activity level. I work a 4 day on, 4 day off schedule. I generally only get to get in hard workouts on my work days. For example...

Work day 1 - 35 minute jog
Work day 2 - 35 minute weight lifting
Work night 1 - 35 minutes insanity
work night 2 - 35 minute weight lifting
day off 1- Zip
day off 2- zilch
day off 3- change the baby 95 times
day off 4- back to zip.

I work 12 hours a day, sitting at a desk talking on the radio. Doesn't burn many calories.

So, I've taken to partaking in the 'eat back exercise calories' method of keeping my net high. That being said, should I choose sedentry or low activity for myself? Even on days I don't work out, I'm on my feet a lot. Lots to do around the house, or on the yard. I stopped counting things like playing guitar, even though sometimes I do it to the point I'm drenched in sweat...

So what say you EM2LM experts, can I pat myself on the back with my 'lightly active' lifestyle, and still track and eat back calories? Or should I give myself sedentry and restrict myself more so on my non workout days?

Cheers,
Mikey

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    I'm kind of conflicted with how to track my activity level. I work a 4 day on, 4 day off schedule. I generally only get to get in hard workouts on my work days. For example...

Work day 1 - 35 minute jog
    Work day 2 - 35 minute weight lifting
    Work night 1 - 35 minutes insanity
    work night 2 - 35 minute weight lifting
    day off 1- Zip
    day off 2- zilch
    day off 3- change the baby 95 times
    day off 4- back to zip.

I work 12 hours a day, sitting at a desk talking on the radio. Doesn't burn many calories.

So, I've taken to partaking in the 'eat back exercise calories' method of keeping my net high. That being said, should I choose sedentry or low activity for myself? Even on days I don't work out, I'm on my feet a lot. Lots to do around the house, or on the yard. I stopped counting things like playing guitar, even though sometimes I do it to the point I'm drenched in sweat...

So what say you EM2LM experts, can I pat myself on the back with my 'lightly active' lifestyle, and still track and eat back calories? Or should I give myself sedentry and restrict myself more so on my non workout days?

Cheers,
    Mikey

I would say you are somewhere between "lightly active" and "moderately active" according to the scooby calculator. If I were you, I think I would average the two categories to get your cut calories. Set your calories to TDEE-15%. That way you will spread your exercise calories out over a week, so you can still eat even on a rest day. Have you been to the Scooby website?
  • nostripewhite
    I did. I like the idea of specifically trying to eat back my exercise calories, where it's not always consistent...

Trick is, I occasionally do get to the gym on days off, or if I work a short OT shift, that's another hour of sweat n tears :p
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I would say moderately active
  • nostripewhite
    And would that still leave me wanting to eat back my calories, or would that be all worked in?

I get it... but... i don't get it... lol.

I love the overall concept, and at the end of the day, if I just make sure to net a couple hundred above my BMR, I should be okay.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    And would that still leave me wanting to eat back my calories, or would that be all worked in?

I get it... but... i don't get it... lol.

I love the overall concept, and at the end of the day, if I just make sure to net a couple hundred above my BMR, I should be okay.

TDEE-15% does consider your workout, unless you burn a lot. Then you should make sure, that you at least net your BMR.