W1D2

Options
buckeyegirl0103
buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
Well, I was so excited to get up and do W1D2- bought a HRM last night to get an accurate reading of calories burned- and wouldn't you know it was RAINING!! :sad: I could have gone to our Rec Center- but it was too late to get ready to go and drive there, work out, and make it home in time to get ready for work! :angry: sigh......hopefully the weather clears up so I can go tonight after work. If not- I will go up to the rec center tonight to get this day in so I don't lose momentum.........

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Sometimes I'll be driving to work on a rainy early morning and I'll see people running alongside the road. I admire their dedication, but seriously, that's just too much :)
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    i know! I see them out in the rain, snow, ice.....that is what inside is for! Last thing i need is to get soaked and cold while exercising! (it was only in the mid 50's this morning with rain!) It had stopped by the time I left for work....the temp was perfect for a nice walk/run today!!
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I actually love running in the rain :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I actually love running in the rain :)

I've heard that on a long or intense run, it feels really good... Maybe someday I'll try it, for now I like being dry. As I said, I admire your dedication! LOL
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    If it was warmer- that may have felt good- but being it was in the low-mid 50's- and had been raining for a while- and being a beginner- didn't seem like too much fun! Maybe after I conquer this program! LOL!!
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I kind of like the rain...as long as it isn't too cold. It actually helps my breathing a little.....
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone.

Today was W1D2 for me. So I get up early 4:30am to get ready and at 5am head out and it is starting to sprinkle... ugh. So I thought about it for a second and went anyways. I thought rain/sweat.... not to big of difference I suppose LOL. So did my 5 min warmup walk, then I did the... jog for 60 secs / walk for 90 sec... reps, but I think I ended up doing a couple more then prescribed which worked out fine. Then I did about a 5 min cool down.

I am glad I went jogging when I did b/c the sunrise was amazing.:smile:

After the jog/walk session I tested myself and just jogged for another 1/2 mile to see if I could. Worked out awesome. So now I know I can at least jog 1/2 mile LOL.

Going to do 2 more days next week of the Week 1 schedule then move to the week 2 schedule.

Keep up the great work everyone... Lookin' good.

Here's to a super day of jogging.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My last night run got delayed too! I was all excited(W2D2) and then the tv went crazy saying "Thunderstorm warning, Tornado watch" I figured running was a bad idea! But I got it in this morning instead!!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    The rain has not stopped all day so I finally dragged myself out this afternoon to do Week 2 Day 2. It was muddy and cold and not the best run I've done but I felt surprisingly gung-ho! I ran around a park near where I live and the handful of other runners all gave me a smile and a knowing nod, which felt amazing! (Oh my God - we're all runners now!!!)

Still haven't got proper running gear so was, once again, in my hiking gear. Felt a bit daft but my combat pants and Berghaus waterproof jacket kept me dry, if a bit sweaty!

Any seasoned C25Kers out there who could offer us newbies tips on running in the rain? I'm thinking a baseball cap to keep the rain out of my eyes might be needed.
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Last night I finished W1D2. It was great. I have the iphone app and really appreciate the prompts and find myself really picking up the pace in the last 10 seconds of each run. It's like having a trainer along kicking me into gear. This has been a great program to get me back into running after a 2 year break. I have signed up to run a 5k in August and September. I made the mistake in the past of increasing my distances, but this time around, I am all about the speed. For me a faster 5k is better than a slow 10k or 1/2 marathon anyday.
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    Last night I finished W1D2. It was great. I have the iphone app and really appreciate the prompts and find myself really picking up the pace in the last 10 seconds of each run. It's like having a trainer along kicking me into gear.

I have it too- I love it! I am able to play my playlist while its on. I also have the Nike+GPS ap that can run at the same time. The Nike ap maps my route (if outside) and then tells me how many minutes per mile and keeps a history so I can see how I improve! :smile:
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Hey.....

Running in the rain in the summertime.....

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

Try it :)
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Last night I finished W1D2. It was great. I have the iphone app and really appreciate the prompts and find myself really picking up the pace in the last 10 seconds of each run. It's like having a trainer along kicking me into gear.

I have it too- I love it! I am able to play my playlist while its on. I also have the Nike+GPS ap that can run at the same time. The Nike ap maps my route (if outside) and then tells me how many minutes per mile and keeps a history so I can see how I improve! :smile:

I might have to try the NIke+ GPS. I have Mapmyrun, but not sure it will run simultaneously. I love technology.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I've recently got the Garmin Forerunner 110 - it is an HRM and GPS. I love it as you upload each run to their website (password protected area) and you can view graphs showing your heart rate alongside your speed and altitude (yes, my heart rate shoots up when I go faster or up a hill!). You can also then compare each run to see if you are getting faster etc. Great for motivating a newbie like me!
  • Lilsluvsliverpool
    Options
    I love the rain, in the spring and summer, I haven't run in it yet but look forward to it.
    I have my run this evening W2 Day3 looking forward to it.
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    [/quote]

I might have to try the NIke+ GPS. I have Mapmyrun, but not sure it will run simultaneously. I love technology.
    [/quote]

It was only a couple bucks- not too bad and to me, totally worth it!!
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    I've recently got the Garmin Forerunner 110 - it is an HRM and GPS. I love it as you upload each run to their website (password protected area) and you can view graphs showing your heart rate alongside your speed and altitude (yes, my heart rate shoots up when I go faster or up a hill!). You can also then compare each run to see if you are getting faster etc. Great for motivating a newbie like me!

I have a separate HRM- Polar FT4- love it!!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    So I am almost ready to move on to week 2. I am going to do one more day this week of week 1 (which will make it my day number 5 in week 1). Feel pretty good about this so far. We shall see how week 2 feels. Plan to start week 2 on June 18th. >>>> Let's do this <<<<<
  • MsBrdlv
    MsBrdlv Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    About to go out and do W1D2 this morning. I'm still really tired, so hopefully I'll wake up once I get out there. Not really motivated this morning.........but don't want to fall into old habits, "I'm tired I'll go later......" before I know it, later turns into never...........
  • Wendy595
    Wendy595 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I ran in the rain this week. I don't have a treadmill so I go outside. I kept trying to bail and my husband reminded me how many years I was lazy and if I let the rain stop me, what would I let stop me tomorrow. So I did it. It was actually nice after the muggy weather we've been having here.