TDEE And Logging Exercise

Brizoeller
Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
I set my calorie level to my tdee of 1702. So i plan on eating that amount of calories every day. My question for people who do this is, do you still log your exercise? I don't mean log it so i can eat it back. That was the point of putting in my TDEE. It already accounts for my weekly activity. But I like to keep track of my exercise. I guess I can log it and it will just show me at a calorie deficit every day? Wasn't sure how other people who do it this way choose to go about it? THANKS!!!

Replies

• Brizoeller
    Oh BTW that's my TDEE 15% cut. Not my actual TDEE. If anyone was wondering :)
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    alot of people will log their exercise but only put it as 1 calorie so it doesnt effect their calorie count for the day.. If you do a really high burn day though you may want to consider eating some of your calories back to get above your BMR if you go under it
  • Brizoeller
    alot of people will log their exercise but only put it as 1 calorie so it doesnt effect their calorie count for the day.. If you do a really high burn day though you may want to consider eating some of your calories back to get above your BMR if you go under it

Thank you so much! Never even thought about doing that. I considered putting in my BMR and then eating my exercise calories back. But for some reason i like my number being at my 15% CUT. I guess it's finding what works. Because I'm not quite sure what would be better.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    I log it so I can see if I've netted under my BMR. And because I like to see it there!
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    I log it as an exercise note at the time so I can easily work out how many more calories I need to eat to hit my day's target.

I log it properly as exercise just before I complete the day.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member

ohhh I like that idea!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 994 Member
    I've still been logging it but another way you could do it is log it in the notes section and save it there. Then when you look back you still have record of it.
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    I log it as an exercise note at the time so I can easily work out how many more calories I need to eat to hit my day's target.

I log it properly as exercise just before I complete the day.

Great idea!! I have been battling with how to keep track but not input it as regular exercise... waiting until the end of the day is a great solution. Thanks!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    I log mine so I can keep track of minutes, but I only give it one calorie.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    I log it because I enjoy seeing a record of it, and getting the encouragement from my MFP pals for getting my butt out of bed and working out. I just don't pay my net any mind at all.
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Silly question but how do I just add 1 calorie? I'm not seeing an add calorie option.
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Silly question but how do I just add 1 calorie? I'm not seeing an add calorie option.

You would have to add the exercise yourself. Then you can add the time you did it & the calories.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    I log it both in time and calorie burn. I like to use the reports section and keep track of my exercise burn in case I need to adjust my calories up or down. It's also a tool to track progress in fitness for me.