Am I set too low still?

Whisperinghorse
Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
Hi all, first of all can I say in 2 weeks I've lost an inch so although the scale has gone up the inches are coming down, but I'm still concerned that I'm eating too little...

I have just rerun my numbers accroding to the last data from my Fitbit and have an average

TDEE of 2168 cal
and average intake1722 cal
daily average deficit of 446cal which outs me down to a net of 1276 :frown:

As I have gained weight I reran my numbers for BMR which has increased to 1411. I have 36% BF and LBM of 107lbs :smile:

I am set on MFP at 1729 and have been pretty good so far, but Scooby now says 1855 based on Mod active TDEE 2180 (which is near to my Fitbit calculations) I'm still set too low bearing in mind I thought my BMR was 1342, would this have caused problems?? :embarassed:

ETA: I'm 5'4, 38 and 165.2lbs currently..... Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Hello!

I would say go by scooby's numbers, as they are also in line with your fitbit. Take the TDEE from Scooby, subtract 15% and call it a day.

One days that you have high caloric burns though, that nets you below your BMR, I would suggest eating back some calories to NET at least your BMR.

Going below BMR consistently can lead to weight lost stall as your body starts hoarding everything.

Also, weight gain is generally normal at the start due to the increased water retention.

Thanks,

Mike
  • Whisperinghorse
    Thanks Mike thats what I thought...

When I originally ran my numbers through Scooby it put me at 1729, which was my 15% cut, and looking at my current numbers 1855 still will put me at a net at BMR or a smidge below...

I'll reset to 1860 ....

I hate that although I've already been eating more but not enough !!! Although where I'm going to put it all I dont know!! :embarassed:
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Thanks Mike thats what I thought...

When I originally ran my numbers through Scooby it put me at 1729, which was my 15% cut, and looking at my current numbers 1855 still will put me at a net at BMR or a smidge below...

I'll reset to 1860 ....

I hate that although I've already been eating more but not enough !!! Although where I'm going to put it all I dont know!! :embarassed:

Your not bumping up much, so you can do something as simple as throwing in 1 scoop of protein powder with something...that itself is like 140 calories usually :) Plus we can always use extra protein :)
  • Whisperinghorse
    Yup another one, I have one in my breakfast and one in some greek yoghurt with my lunch.. I managed 160g yesterday :laugh:

i think I'll grab some toast and peanut butter with my porridge, apple and protien powder, that'll do it :drinker: