Recipes

Options
mommamuscles
mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
Thought it would be fun to start a recipe thread so we can share our favorite healthy go-to recipes for those who are new and wondering, "What do I eat????" We can also share links to favorite recipes for clean-ish eating.

Replies

• MadieWorld
    Options
    This is one of my favorite lunches I make at home:

tomato
    fresh green peper
    cucumber
    avocado
    romaine lettuce
    red onion
    boiled egg (or just the whites)
    feta cheese or shredded parmesean cheese (1 tbsp)

I slice and dice and mix all those ingredients and stuff my spinach (or my tomato) wrap or any wrap depending on my cravings. lol

It is such a yummy tasty wrap!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I posted this recipe (from allrecipes) to the forum:

http://em2wl.createmybb3.com/forum-13.html

Turkey and Quinoa Meatloaf...its one of my fav's
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh...a recipe thread! I will definitely be stalking this thread, and hopefully will have something to contribute here and there! :laugh:

I might have to try Mike's recipe--sounds delicious! Don't know if my kids/hubs would eat it, but methinks I could always just make a batch for myself and freeze/reheat throughout the week. :huh:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I make these often: Oatmeal pancakes

They are relatively high in protein and you can even add a scoop of protein powder to them.

1/2 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

Blend ingredients together and then add blueberries, banana, nuts etc. and pour spoonfuls into a hot pan to cook like pancakes. They are not really sweet but when topped with a tbsp of maple syrup or other topping they are a great and filling breakfast.

Recently I have been short on time so I actually cook the above just like oatmeal in a pot with some water and eat it like oatmeal instead of pancakes, with a TBSP of brown sugar and it is great also. It is really filling.
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    This is one of my favorite go-to recipes...Careful, they are very addictive!!!

1/2 c. natural nut butter
    2 scoops protein powder, any flavor
    2 T. cocoa powder (unsweetened)
    1 cup oats
    1/4 c. honey
    stevia to taste

Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls. You may have to add a little water to get it to come together. I usually roll them into one inch balls, but you can also make them into bars. Keep them in the fridge, they are great for before and after workouts (or anytime really, lol!) . You can also add all kinds of ingredients to them, unsweetened coconut, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc. My kids love them too!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I made the most delicious salad this week....you all HAVE to try it!!

Roasted Chicken and Cannellini Bean Salad with Greek Dressing

4 oz roasted chicken breast (great for using up leftovers)
    1/2 cup cannellini beans (preferably low sodium), drained and rinsed
    1-2 slices of red onion
    1 TBS fresh lemon juice
    1 oz reduced fat feta cheese
    1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
    1 TBS red wine vinegar
    1 tsp minced garlic

Mix ingredients together in a large bowl and sit in fridge for about 5-10 minutes.

Before eating, give it a good stir again and enjoy!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite go-to recipes...Careful, they are very addictive!!!

1/2 c. natural nut butter
    2 scoops protein powder, any flavor
    2 T. cocoa powder (unsweetened)
    1 cup oats
    1/4 c. honey
    stevia to taste

Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls. You may have to add a little water to get it to come together. I usually roll them into one inch balls, but you can also make them into bars. Keep them in the fridge, they are great for before and after workouts (or anytime really, lol!) . You can also add all kinds of ingredients to them, unsweetened coconut, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc. My kids love them too!

I'm sooooooooooo gonna make these!!!!!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I tried the recipe at the following link this weekend, and they were SO GOOD that I made another batch last night to bring into work today. They're a HUGE hit. Just be warned...if you have questionable will power, keep these somewhere out of reach 'cause I'm afraid I ate about half a pan of these over the weekend. (Oops.)

Anyway, they're chocolate chip blonde brownies, made with chickpeas & peanut butter & some other good stuff.

Next time I make them, I'll be tweaking the recipe to get the fat & calories a bit lower. May try brown sugar Splenda blend (Jen, I already know what you're going to say...you sugar purists do your own thang!!) and replacing half of the peanut butter with applesauce. May try to further beef up the protein content by adding in some protein powder. Gonna play...if any of you try any variations on these, please share!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/18/chocolate-chip-blondies-and-theyre-good-for-you/
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I tried the recipe at the following link this weekend, and they were SO GOOD that I made another batch last night to bring into work today. They're a HUGE hit. Just be warned...if you have questionable will power, keep these somewhere out of reach 'cause I'm afraid I ate about half a pan of these over the weekend. (Oops.)

Anyway, they're chocolate chip blonde brownies, made with chickpeas & peanut butter & some other good stuff.

Next time I make them, I'll be tweaking the recipe to get the fat & calories a bit lower. May try brown sugar Splenda blend (Jen, I already know what you're going to say...you sugar purists do your own thang!!) and replacing half of the peanut butter with applesauce. May try to further beef up the protein content by adding in some protein powder. Gonna play...if any of you try any variations on these, please share!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/18/chocolate-chip-blondies-and-theyre-good-for-you/

That sounds awesome! Can't wait to try!
  • mommamuscles
    Options

That sounds awesome! Can't wait to try!

Ooh, I've been meaning to try those. These are another amazing recipe...black bean brownies. I know they sound disgusting, and I dont like people messin with my chocolate, but seriously these are some of the best brownies I've had. I added sunspire chocolate chips and almonds when I made them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQOF6gXq7Xc&noredirect=1

I also love Jamie Eason's recipes on body building.com:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFUQFjAA&url=http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/get-lean-eat-clean-with-jamie-eason-main-page.htm&ei=kwfNT5XIFof69QS3memtDw&usg=AFQjCNHi2H_vq9AsGSpVA_ZQg6PBFgyjgQ

Her cinnamon protein bread and turkey muffins are so good!
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    ANYTHING from Skinnytaste.com. I make 5+ meals a week from there and they are always great (even the hubs likes them).
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options

I make something from Chocolate Covered Katies blog just about everyday..... I use her milkshakes as a base for my protein shakes! Love her!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter protein cookies:

http://www.fitnessandspice.com/2010/12/peanut-butter-protein-cookies/

I am running low on PB so I used Sunbutter and I only used 1/4 cup sweetener (coconut palm sugar) because I don't need sugary sweet and most recipes I halve the sugar anyway. I also use Bob's Red Mill Whey Protein since I stay away from artificial processed sweeteners (splenda, aspartame, agave, etc)

For 12 cookies it came out to 101 cals and 6 grams of protein using my subs.
  • mommamuscles
    Options
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    These are amazing!

Pumpkin Protein BarsNutrition Facts:

Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square = 47 calories, .7 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3.7 g protein
    Nutrition (with walnuts): 1 square = 63 calories, 2.3 g fat, 8 g carbs, 4 g protein

Ingredients:
    ■½ C Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend (Ideal) - I used organic brown sugar
    ■1 - 4 oz. jar baby food applesauce
    ■2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    ■1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
    ■½ tsp. ground clove
    ■1 tsp. baking powder
    ■1 tsp. baking soda
    ■½ tsp. salt
    ■2 tsp. vanilla extract
    ■4 large egg whites
    ■1 - 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
    ■2 C oat flour
    ■2 scoops vanilla whey protein
    ■½ cup almond milk
    ■½ C chopped walnuts (optional) - I used 1 cup

Directions:
    1.Preheat the oven to 350.
    2.Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
    3.Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
    4.Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
    5.Makes 24 squares.
  • julysbaby
    julysbaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    OOOH they all look good! I'm going to try the protein pancakes for sure. I think even the hubby and kiddos will like them!!
  • chapparra27
    chapparra27 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Frozen Protein Choc-PB Cups

I have made these in several versions. Here is the one I like the best.

- 4 Oz Almond Milk
    - 2 Oz Greek Plain Yogurt
    - 1 TBPS Peanut Butter (I use Honey Roasted PB)
    - 1 TBPS Unsweetened Cocoa (I use Ghirardelli)
    - 1 Scoop Protein Powder in Choc (I use Miracle Whey Dr. Mercola)
    - 1 TSP Sugar

Mix in blender and pour it in silicone muffin molds (it makes for easy removal). Freeze. Enjoy

Nutrition Facts: Cal:48 Carb: 5 Fat: 2 Protein: 4 Fiber: 1
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Bump-a-Licious!! :heart:
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bump for goodness !!! ❤