June Challenge-Let's measure!

Options
missyyclaire
missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
Hi friends,

We've had a few members who'd requested we take our measurements and I think that's a great idea. Let's post them here. They can be any measurement you'd like. I'm gonna log neck, waist, hips, upper arm, upper thigh and bust (unclothed). But you can log any measurement you'd like to see a change in.

I do encourage you to find a bit of exercise to do during June. I've been a bit lax for the near two weeks I've been home and I've gained 4 lbs. Whew, my body wants to gain weight! I need to have a serious talk with it! I'll be back in my walking shoes and am going to try to get my rear to the gym for some weight training, hopefully 3 times a week. I want to push the trend downward instead of up.

Replies

• missyyclaire
    Options
    P.S. I set up my measurements here on MFP to reflect the ones I'd like to measure. It's a nice way to visualize your progress. I encourage you to try it. It's really easy to add new measurement to various parts of the body.

I'll be traveling for the month of June and am going to take my scales with me this time. I hate the scales, but I've got to keep myself honest. I'm going to start a daily weigh-in, just so I can track my progress or non-progress. It's time to start losing again!
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    With you! I've got my profile set up to track measurements, too. Going to enlist my hubby to help me do it correctly! :smile:
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    Good idea!

I'm back on the road and putting myself back on track after being non-active these past two weeks. Back to walking and I've joined Metabolic Effect's Fat Loss for female program. It's an eight week dealie that I hope will help me kick off some weight again. It follows the low carb approach, which is good for my diabetes. Looks like walking is a big part, which I love. It'll be nice to have a book-ended program. I rather like these challenges and things that are short term as they give me a start and end in what is a much longer journey.

Will measure up soon, weight is 224.8 today, I'm up 5. Que sera! I'm not letting it get me down, in fact it's just helping me realize how easily I gain, and that's okay to know.

Have a great Monday!
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful Elaine!! I will measure tonight! ;)
  • laurelderry
    Options
    Here are my measurements currently. As you can see I haven't tracked all of my measurements very well. I will measure tonight and update... but here is kind of a rough baseline.

Other Measurements Last Entry
    Neck 12.5 on 09/13/11
    Waist 28.5 on 04/13/12
    Hips 37.0 on 04/13/12
    Chest 34.0 on 12/27/11
    Abdomen 35.0 on 12/27/11
    Thighs 20.5 on 12/27/11
    Calves 14.0 on 12/27/11
    Arms 12.0 on 12/27/11
    Forearms 8.5 on 12/27/11
    Ankles 12.0 on 12/27/11
    Wrists 5.75 on 06/06/12
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    I've just got a few measurements, some up from a month ago, some down, weird! Here they are:

Neck 14.75
    Waist 37.75
    Hips 49.5
    Upper Arms 16.25
    Upper Thighs 26.75
    Bust 44.5

Weight today 221, down 3.8 lbs from a few weeks ago...maybe cuz I'm out walking again
  • laurelderry
    Options
    Elaine,

You've been doing great! I feel like every day that I log in you're down weight!
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    OH, I am soooo gonna have to write a blog about the weight loss...cuz it's one lb down, one pound up, rinse and repeat. I keep losing the same 2-3 lbs!!!!!! ARGHHHH's!
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I know Im a little late (13 days lol) But i did find my tape and measured myself yesterday :)

We shall see what happens in the next month!
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    No worries, this is such a casual challenge...just a way to track your body size and shape.

Oh girls, am I sore! I did about 7 1/2 minutes of jumps, squats and knee lifts for a high intensity workout 2 days ago....and ow! It was supposed to be 10 minutes, then 20 of weight lifting. That MIGHT hapen next week! I did take an hour long walk today and I eventually loosened up a little. Whew!
  • laurelderry
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! Hope you're all doing well! I have been doing the 30 Day Shred for the last week +. I'm going to take measurements at 14 days and 30 days I think... so I will be posting the first of those soon. I'm interested to see if I have/will lose any inches. How are you all doing?
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great! I measured myself late lol so I will be doing it 13 days late :/ I can tell tho that my size 16 pants are now getting some room
  • laurelderry
    Options
    That's wonderful!!!! Keep it up!