Do I need to lift?

Options
quie618
quie618 Posts: 102 Member
It seems like everyone is doing some kind of lifting. Do I need to do heavy lifting to be successful at EM2WL? Right now my focus has been on getting through Ripped in 30. Not sure where I will go from there.

Replies

• ehs5mw
    ehs5mw Posts: 65
    Options
    Quick answer: It depends on your definition of successful, but YES! You should be lifting heavy.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy helps you to build muscle and muscle burns fat, so it speeds up your metabolism
    You don't have to, it just will make the journey easier.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Also lifting weights and building tone muscles is what really transforms your body. Adding lean mass looks good and burns fat.

Adding in a weight lifting regimen to your cardio will kick your bodies *kitten* into shape.
  • quie618
    Options
    Thanks all.

I don't have a gym membership and don't plan on joining a gym until the end of the year because we're going to be moving in October. I like to workout from home. What DVD programs should I look into using?
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    What DVD programs should I look into using?
    I am doing ChaLean Extreme and I am mainly using resistance bands.
  • quie618
    Options
    What DVD programs should I look into using?
    I am doing ChaLean Extreme and I am mainly using resistance bands.

This is on my list to check out!
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I would not be where I am today if I did not lift!! Since the beginning of March I have been lifting pretty much 3 times a week and my shape has changed so dramatically. I love wearing tank tops because my arms have nice definition and I have gone down a whole pant size, and I am getting ready to drop another size!! So yes, I have been lifting heavier and really challenging myself, trying to get out of my comfort zone and I see the results in the mirror!!
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.

I don't have a gym membership and don't plan on joining a gym until the end of the year because we're going to be moving in October. I like to workout from home. What DVD programs should I look into using?

I use Chalean Extreme too and love it. You don't have to have heavy weights. I started with bands (from the program and also have others from other Beach Body dvds). I also used 5, 8, 10 and 15 lb weights from Walmart...up until my birthday 2 weeks ago when my hubby got me Select Techs from Bow Flex!! I'm super thrilled to have them, but they aren't a must. I would do at least 3 days of lifting, especially with EMTLW. At least, I'm hoping it will help me to combine them both:)
  • Desmonema
    Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get more weight's tomorrow (heavier ones...) :o))
    Have been using (don't laugh!) a 10 lb bag of rice with taped-on handles so far and smaller dumbbells.
    Do you guys think bodyweight exercises only will work as well??