Sore

Options
baxgilter
baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
Do you still do a scheduled lift if you are sore from a previous or other workout? I usually do NROLFW T, F,Su. This wednesday I was asked to teach a HIIT class so I did that (lots of arms!) then played soccer, yesterday I had Future Soldier Physical training, and today my arms and calves are super sore. Im not talking painful but definately sore. Should I do my workout this afternoon? Im on stage 1 workout a workout 3. I just want to know if it will be wasted energy or detrimental.

Replies

• Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Personally, I prefer to lift when I'm at 100%. That way I have my full range of motion and I'm in control of all my faculties :tongue:

I'd vote to take one more rest day-- actually, it wouldn't be ANOTHER rest day if you haven't actually rested yet!

Give your body time to repair when it needs it. Otherwise yes, it may be detrimental.
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Not that I am an expert, but I find myself lifting thru my soreness. Once I get into the grove, I definitely feel better..
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your level of soreness. I've upped my cardio for fat burn and have been doing some hard HIIT sessions, in addition to increasing weights, so my legs are really sore right now. Today is a lifting day, so I'm going to do a lot of dynamic stretching warmups, lift, then take Sunday off. Monday is cardio, and Tues is my first lifting day of the week. Now, back in the beginning of Stage 1, I irritated my sciatic nerve - I stayed away from weights for nearly 2 weeks while my chiropractor fixed me!