Its June, who's still with me!?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I did squats last night and had a total brain-freeze crashing forward and dumping the bar. It was kinda dramatic!

Yikes. Glad you're okay! I've heard this happening from a few people. I wonder what causes that brain freeze feeling...moving to fast???

Just overtired and not concentrating properly. I am hyper flexible through the hips so if I don't concentrate and keeping tight I can bottom out.
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    I did squats last night and had a total brain-freeze crashing forward and dumping the bar. It was kinda dramatic!

Yikes. Glad you're okay! I've heard this happening from a few people. I wonder what causes that brain freeze feeling...moving to fast???

Just overtired and not concentrating properly. I am hyper flexible through the hips so if I don't concentrate and keeping tight I can bottom out.

Ahhh...this makes perfect sense; my son is hyper flexible too. Glad you recovered ok!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh ouuuuch. I had a great workout last night -I mean really great, I finally finished 5x5 of 145 (whew and also hell no I will not be adding weight to that next time ...ok maybe my fractionals ....for the first two sets.... *cries*) which I've been stalled at for a while.

Did 62.5 on the overhead press and it wasn't even that tough, which, again, I've been sort of stalled at (or well, I stalled at 65 and then I worked my way back up slowly with the fractionals, I have much more confidence in my ability to take down 65 now - also part of my issue was learning to breathe right so I have a nice full chest of air while I go up).

AND did 1x5 of the 175 lb deadlift which I didn't think would happen - buuut my form was not fantastic on the last two, frankly, and now between the squats and that my lower back is sort of cranky. It wasn't bothering me yesterday (and I walked 2 miles after my lifting) and it wasn't bothering me when I woke up this morning but when I walked across the street to get starbucks this morning it started letting me know that it wasn't too happy. My legs are exhausted too. So overall, good workout, A+++, will probably not repeat this performance again on Thursday

(Although, maybe, since I'll have two rest days. I *was* planning to jog today but I'd say that my body is telling me no on that one.)
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh ouuuuch. I had a great workout last night -I mean really great, I finally finished 5x5 of 145 (whew and also hell no I will not be adding weight to that next time ...ok maybe my fractionals ....for the first two sets.... *cries*) which I've been stalled at for a while.

Did 62.5 on the overhead press and it wasn't even that tough, which, again, I've been sort of stalled at (or well, I stalled at 65 and then I worked my way back up slowly with the fractionals, I have much more confidence in my ability to take down 65 now - also part of my issue was learning to breathe right so I have a nice full chest of air while I go up).

AND did 1x5 of the 175 lb deadlift which I didn't think would happen - buuut my form was not fantastic on the last two, frankly, and now between the squats and that my lower back is sort of cranky. It wasn't bothering me yesterday (and I walked 2 miles after my lifting) and it wasn't bothering me when I woke up this morning but when I walked across the street to get starbucks this morning it started letting me know that it wasn't too happy. My legs are exhausted too. So overall, good workout, A+++, will probably not repeat this performance again on Thursday

(Although, maybe, since I'll have two rest days. I *was* planning to jog today but I'd say that my body is telling me no on that one.)

Nice job! Very impressive.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    This morning was awesome, I did
    55kg squats
    32.5kg row
    32.5kg bench (5,4,3,4,5)

It was tough but super awesome. Two of my friends came this time, and did really great. I keep having to explain to my male friend though that its NOT about starting high and getting stuck, I think he feels he should look like he's lifting heavier, but his form is all over the place at the moment with certain things.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I am LOVING my fractional plates. It's gotten me out of my fear of increasing 5 lbs. Now I increase 1 lb. Here's hoping I can do some damage on overhead press now. I've gotten stuck twice and had to deload.
  • tameko2
    Options
    It was tough but super awesome. Two of my friends came this time, and did really great. I keep having to explain to my male friend though that its NOT about starting high and getting stuck, I think he feels he should look like he's lifting heavier, but his form is all over the place at the moment with certain things.

I had to go through that with my husband, all the other guys are benching 150 lbs plus and he felt like he looked ridiculous doing less, but now he's an elitist jerk like me and looks at all of them with their bad form and limited range of motion movements and is really glad he started light. We *probably* could have bumped him up a tiny bit on the bench press at least - like started at 65 or something. But he's also a pretty large guy -- not muscular but still 6'2". He was totally happy to start with 45 on the squat though, even though he thought it looked silly and he was embarrassed by it he struggled with flexibility issues for a while and it helped a lot to not struggle wiht the weight too.
    I am LOVING my fractional plates. It's gotten me out of my fear of increasing 5 lbs. Now I increase 1 lb. Here's hoping I can do some damage on overhead press now. I've gotten stuck twice and had to deload.

I love mine too - its not about getting as much weight on there as fast as possible, its just about being able to od more than you did last time. 1 lb is still more.
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Feel like I'm going a tiny bit backwards these days but I'm determined to focus on form as opposed to strength for the next few weeks.

Squat - 90x5/5/5/5, 85x5
    Bench - 62x5/2, 60x5/5/5/5
    Rows - 70

Still deloaded quite a bit on squats but got my *kitten* to the ground on all of them. Dropped to 85 on the last set because my knee was a bit wobbly and I decided I'd rather baby it then end up back in physio for months.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Results for today:

squats 150 New personal best for me!!
    Benchpress: 90x1 set, failed last rep, deloaded 85, 5,5,5,5
    rows: 90 5x5

Still not sure if my form is that great on rows, but if I lean over anymore I feel like my back will get tweaked so I am staying where I am.. I am pretty happy with my results considering it has been 6 days since my last workout!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Results for today:

Still not sure if my form is that great on rows, but if I lean over anymore I feel like my back will get tweaked so I am staying where I am.. I am pretty happy with my results considering it has been 6 days since my last workout!

Very impressive on those squats, Dawn. Wow!
  • amy1612
    Options
    Woo, I hit bodyweight squats today!! Was an awesome session though am already starting to ache.

57.5kg squats
    25kg OHP (Deloaded 2.5kg back to work on form)
    52.5 deadlifts

My friends came along again and really enjoyed it! Rest periods are sooo uch less boring with people to chat to!
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options

Congrats on your progress girl! These are great numbers! :drinker:
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i plan to start stronglifts next week!
    excited and following this thread :)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

Welcome!! :smile: I am starting next week also! My husband and I are setting up our home gym this weekend. I can't wait!!
  • tameko2
    Options

Welcome!! :smile: I am starting next week also! My husband and I are setting up our home gym this weekend. I can't wait!!

Welcome to you both - (also, yay, daria) - I'll start up a July thread in a couple days and you can tell us how its going.

I had a bad night last night, did 150 squats 3x5 which was good (finished the last 2 at 145 - I'll do all 5 at 150 next time - just slow rolling it because its really getting heavy). But I got to the 85 lb bench press and did 3 sets, then just crapped out on the last 2. (I actually did a 6th set at 75 just to get some extra work in, so hopefully that helps). I'm disappointed in that because 82.5 went SO well last time that I figured I'd be ok. Hopefully I'll nail it on Monday. And rows were just awful, but probably because I was rowing tired.
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Oooooh its getting harder.....

30kg squats - feel like I'm not going as low so will keep same weight next time
    25kg OHP - That was HARD!!
    40kg deadlift - the only one that's still easy

I'm the wimp of this group lol ;)
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!!!!!!!!!!

Today I was just not feeling it. And yesterday for the first time ever I was slightly sore after wed. workout!!!

squats: 155, did 5x5 but definately not great form. I am for sure not getting as low, so i will stay here until I improve.....
    OHP I sucked the house with these today. Started 65 and got in 1 rep and failed, deloaded to 62.5(had to take 2.5 lbs off one side since my gym had no fractional plates so it was uneven) and failed after 2 reps, then deloaded to 60 and failed after 4 reps (which I previously did 5x5) and finally at 55 I was able to do 3x5 :grumble:
    deadlifts: 145 1x5 Definitely felt it in the back here!!

I am hoping to squeeze in a workout monday and thursday next week so i can at least do 2x/week again....
  • amy1612
    Options
    Was not in the mood for the gym at all this morn, but did it anyway, and it wasnt too bad.

I stayed at current weights, to work on form, so
    57.5 kg squat
    32.5kg row
    32.5 kg bench (4,5,5,5,5).

Im trying to improve form as I dont want to increase again until I feel like every reps a good un. Have started doing lighter squats on days between to strengthen. :)