New & needing a bit of help please!

xNJAx
xNJAx Posts: 170 Member
Hi everyone

I'm Natalie - just decided to try this EMTWL but it's SO scary! I do not have a healthy relationship with food but I really want to be healthy, so Iwant to try my best to do this right.

The trouble is, I've worked out my BMR (1448) and TDEE (1991) and know that I need to eat 1692 calories per day, but that seems like a huge jump from 1200 which is what I've been eating up to now.

Am I supposed to work up to that figure or just go for it? I'm absolutely petrified of putting on weight, to the point of wanting to cry at the thought of upping the calories.

Also, I want to change the macros in my MFP food diary but I've no idea how to do it - please could one of you bright sparks give me a hand?!

Thank you

(Sorry if you've had these questions a million times before and are sick to the back teeth of them!!)

Natalie x

Replies

• grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    You can ease into it if you have a hard time adding that much extra food. I had to add over 1k calories a day to mine, so it took a few days to figure it all out. I had to start eating some more calorie-dense foods. For example, whenever I eat Greek yogurt now, I add some sliced almonds to it (like an extra 90 calories). If it is just fear of the weight, you probably just want to stay away from the scale for a few weeks if seeing it go up bothers you. I personally expected it and was able to deal with it. I gained a quick 5lbs, but it was off about as fast as it came.

To do the macros, you just have to go to your goals and change them. Instead of choosing "guided", you will want to choose customized goals. In the next window there will be settings for your macros which you can change.