• la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    94434923406532477_twBCA6st_c1.jpg

I will have to remember this!
  • ChocolateKisses1
    Options
    Great! And it's TRUE!!!

Love you! happy to see you active again!

I have litte time at the moment, but I think of you guys all the time!

Smiles across the miles!!
  • la_nanita
    Options
    http://greatist.com/fitness/the-18-most-inspiring-health-and-fitness-mantras/

Be Bold

DefyLimitations.jpg

Be Brave

PerfectConditions.jpg

Be Accountable

Nike_YesterdayTomorrow.jpg

Take a Stand

NewBalance_NothingHurts.jpg

Make Waves

Lululemon_CrazyThing.jpg

Think Positive

ThinkYouCan.jpg

Forget Fear

YouCannotFail.jpg

Live Your Dream

HolsteeManifesto.jpeg

Make Like Forrest

Nike_RunRunRun.jpg

Find Your Stride

LapThem.jpeg

Breathe Easy

Lululemon_PracticeYoga.jpg

Feel the Magic

Luna_OwnThisMoment.jpg

Test Yourself

PushLimits.jpg

Get an Upgrade

Nike_MakeYourself.jpg

Charge Ahead

Success.jpg

Celebrate the Highs

Asics_NewPersonSmell.jpg

Be a Greatist

GreatistManifesto.jpg

‘Nuff Said

YoureTheSh.jpg
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    27 Ways to Get More *kitten* Done
    by Laura Schwecherl

Whether we’re overwhelmed by that never-ending to-do list or simply distracted (thanks, Facebook), sometimes we don’t get enough out of the day. And while 30-hour days don’t exist, there are some tips for getting more done in the 24 we have.

Productivity Hero — Your Action Plan
    1. Create routines. Make a habit of, well, sticking to habits. Choose actions like writing emails at a certain time or hitting the gym after work, and try to do them daily. Soon that routine will happen on autopilot.

2. Get enough sleep. Whoever coined the phrase “I’ll sleep when I’m dead” didn’t have all the facts straight. Not getting enough Zzz’s could hinder productivity at work, so try to get those recommended seven to nine hours of snooze time[1]!

3. Wake up earlier. If still able to squeeze in enough sleep, try extending the day by getting up an hour earlier — when it’s still quiet and there are fewer distractions.

4. Step away from the inbox. Incoming emails can be a nuisance. Make a habit to only check the inbox at certain times of the day to avoid getting sidetracked with requests and responses.

5. Make a daily to-do list. Stay away from huge to-do lists. Instead, create a daily list of realistic jobs to tackle, like folding laundry, scheduling a doctor’s appointment, or paying the cable bill. Break up big goals into micro-tasks, like going to a yoga class over getting six-pack abs, or writing a page over completing a thesis. Soon, the small things will add up to big accomplishments.

6. Make a to-don’t list: Bad habits are just as significant as good ones. So make a list of things not to do because they make you unproductive. (We’re staring at you, Netflix.)

7. Don’t multitask. Our brains aren’t wired to juggle too much at once, and we can work nearly twice as fast if we do one thing at a time[2]. (And nope, we’re not talking LOST time-travel.)[3]. So remember those childhood manners and finish tasks one at a time.

8. Silence the phone. When it comes to getting stuff done, sometimes silence is key. Turn off the cell phone ringer — that’s what voicemail is for!

9. Take a midday workout break. Can’t fathom cleaning the bathroom? Or having writers’ block? Working out during the day could actually boost productivity, so the time spent exercising could actually help us get more done later[4].

10. Stay healthy. Just like… don’t get sick. (It may be easier said than done.) But health and productivity go hand in hand, so be sure to maintain good health habits, like washing up after hitting the gym[5]!

11. Do those MITs. Nope, this isn’t college talk. MIT stands for most important tasks, and it’s a way to highlight the items that matter most on that to-do list. At the start of each day, write down a few things that must get done.

12. Hit inbox zero. Sort every email once that inbox is open. Respond, file, draft, or delete. Keeping the inbox clean is key to staying organized and on point.

13. Brainstorm. Take some time to sit and get those creative juices flowing. Without distractions, brainstorming may be the way to come up with killer ideas in record time.

14. Keep a pen and pad on hand. Make like Richard Branson and carry something to catch any useful thought that may come to mind. Get really creative and go DIY style.

15. Shut off social media. Sayonara, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Social media can be a huge time-suck. Studies have found that it can take up a significant chunk of time at the office, and may even predict lower grades in school. Let’s unpin that.

16. “Eat the frogs.” We swear it’s a real term. Do the task you’re least looking forward to first to get it out of the way. (No guarantees Prince Charming will emerge.)

17. Slow down. Read. This. Slowly. Getting stuff done isn’t always a matter of making it to the finish line first. Take time to reflect, brainstorm, and recharge.

18. Track time. Take a day to record how much time is spent writing emails, reading blogs, texting, etc. We may be surprised at how much time certain activities (ahem, browsing Pinterest) take up every day.

19. Don’t bounce around. Box off a specific amount of time for every task. Assign a chunk of the day for one project, and once that time is up, move on to the next mission.

20. Look back. Schedule some time every week to see what was accomplished and if that schedule needs tweaking for the following week.

21. Tune out. Those headphones will help tune out any distractions. Plus, others may be less likely to interrupt if they see we’re plugged in.

22. Set triggers. Leave reminders around to help remember what needs to get done. Place bills that need to be paid or books to be read out in the open. Stick reminders on the fridge!

23. Eat well. What we scarf down for lunch may do more than satisfy hunger. Certain foods, like salmon, almonds, and carrots, can give us a much-needed boost of energy. So forgo the take-out and be picky at the cafeteria!

24. De-clutter. Get rid of anything in the way that may cause distractions. Put away the dishes, fold clothes, and get rid of excess papers on the desk.

25. Say no. Don’t stretch yourself too thin — learning to say no keeps us focused and may even ward off sickness.

26. Take a break. Carve out some quality “you” time to keep a balance between the busy world and the rest of the day.

27. Download help. Still need to get *kitten* done? Luckily, there’s an app for that.
  • la_nanita
    Options
    Not a quote, not a picture, but an inspirational video!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=377244189041061
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Hearts, I love that one too! Here is another good one. I am going to try to share a new one every day.

251920172876499246_SfIDQUPs_c1.jpg
    This was a GREAT one to come across again!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    115264071683558998_w87DixOr_c1.jpg

LOVE IT!!
    :laugh: ditto!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    4a4645a8817d10d12b329f80b65949a6.jpg
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    345eccd81c3764d90d98b56cb0162e48.jpg
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." -- Earl Nightingale
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    62679_572454979455420_400143044_n.jpg ha ha! This one made me laugh:tongue:

947001_579650698735848_533910027_n.jpg

947275_573322249368693_1725178291_n.jpg

941283_573470332687218_650204577_n.jpg

923134_575993082434943_843569852_n.jpg
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    389031_570422642991987_1522664940_n.jpg
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    IfyoucandreamityoucandoitYourlimitsareallwithinyourself_zps45b27f52.jpg
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    35945710_6768.jpg
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    (This is a blog entry from flintland.blogspot.com)

Hey, Fat Girl.

Yes, you. The one feigning to not see me when we cross paths on the
    running track. The one not even wearing sports gear, breathing heavy.
    You’re slow, you breathe hard and your efforts at moving forward make
    you cringe.

You cling shyly to the furthest corridor, sometimes making larger loops
    on the gravel ring by the track just so you’re not on it. You sweat so
    much that your hair is all wet. You rarely stay for more than 20 minutes
    at a time, and you look exhausted when you leave to go back home. You
    never talk to anyone. I’ve got something I’d like to say to you.

You are awesome.

If you’d look me in the eye only for an instant, you would notice the
    reverence and respect I have for you. The adventure you have started is
    tremendous; it leads to a better health, to renewed confidence and to a
    brand new kind of freedom. The gifts you will receive from running will
    far exceed the gigantic effort it takes you to show up here, to face
    your fears and to bravely set yourself in motion, in front of others.

You have already begun your transformation. You no longer accept this
    physical state of numbness and passivity. You have taken a difficult
    decision, but one that holds so much promise. Every hard breath you take
    is actually a tad easier than the one before, and every step is ever so
    slightly lighter. Each push forward leaves the former person you were
    in your wake, creating room for an improved version, one that is
    stronger, healthier and forward-looking, one who knows that anything is
    possible.

You’re a hero to me. And, if you’d take off the blaring headphones and
    put your head up for more than a second or two, you would notice that
    the other runners you cross, the ones that probably make you feel so
    inadequate, stare in awe at your determination. They, of all people,
    know best where you are coming from. They heard the resolutions of so
    many others, who vowed to pick up running and improve their health,
    “starting next week”. Yet, it is YOU who runs alongside, who digs from
    deep inside to find the strength to come here, and to come back again.

You are a runner, and no one can take that away from you. You are
    relentlessly moving forward. You are stronger than even you think, and
    you are about to be amazed by what you can do. One day, very soon, maybe
    tomorrow, you’ll step outside and marvel at your capabilities. You will
    not believe your own body, you will realize that you can do this. And a
    new horizon will open up for you. You are a true inspiration.

I bow to you.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    The Cracked Pot

A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on each end of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, and while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water at the end of the long walk from the stream to the master’s house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water in his master’s house. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments.

But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do. After two years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream.

“I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you.”

“Why?” asked the bearer. “What are you ashamed of?”

“I have been able, for these past two years, to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your master’s house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all of this work, and you don’t get full value from your efforts,” the pot said.

The water bearer felt sorry for the old cracked pot, and in his compassion he said, “As we return to the master’s house, I want you to notice the beautiful flowers along the path.”

Indeed, as they went up the hill, the old cracked pot took notice of the sun warming the beautiful wild flowers on the side of the path, and this cheered it some. But at the end of the trail, it still felt bad because it had leaked out half its load, and so again the pot apologized to the bearer for its failure.

The bearer said to the pot, “Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of your path, but not on the other pot’s side? That’s because I have always known about your flaw, and I took advantage of it. I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back from the stream, you’ve watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate my master’s table. Without you being just the way you are, he would not have this beauty to grace his house.”
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    282085_251880734826157_100000126987054_1173800_7290275_n-1.jpg

268710_251880798159484_100000126987054_1173802_1348303_n-1-1.jpg

untitledu.jpg

take-care.jpg

key-of-success.jpg

Nobody-can-Hurt-you-.jpg

We-are-all-here-for-some-special-reason.jpg

Sunset-Clouds.jpg

untitledccc.jpg

struggle.jpg

The fact that we are here for one another says so much about each of us! It's what will keep this group solid, supportive & a place for anyone looking for a safe environment, a friendly group and members that love to laugh and best of all encourage & inspire!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Great Quotes Everyone!! Love them:heart: So glad so many are sharing:flowerforyou:

Felt like adding some more motivating/inspirational sayings/photos.:wink:

FOUR-beautiful-thoughts-of-life.jpg

trust-your-self1.jpg
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    inspiration_quotes_graphics_a3.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_PpRpYME10

FLAWZ - New Video - Caitlin Crosby wants you to Embrace Your Flawz!

Very Cool!

"You are only as flawed as you believe"..
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    "So many people get attached to their fear and allow it to make decisions for them and until you face your fears, you will always be more of a person that reacts instead of being a more proactive person." Bob Harper

self20confidence.jpg

~ When the time has come to set your course ... allow only positive people to influence your direction. We have to be well equipped for the adventures waiting ... the changes about to happen. Never forget that all you need is all you have ... take the drive that's inside you, you're as ready as you'll ever be ... Allow your determination, desire and strong will to be your compass ... find and honor your own pace ... Surrender all expectations and start building a new masterpiece, one that only you can take credit for ... Just believe in yourself. xoxo ♥