NROL4L Phase 2

GorillaNJ
GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
Well I am getting ready to start my Phase 2 workouts tonight. Making this workout i basically tool my phase 1 workouts and added in a level of difficulty I am really looking forward to three sets of ten instead of 2 sets of 15!.

Any comments or suggestions?

Workout A

Core
Feet elevated Plank

Combination
Reverse Lunge/cable row

Power
Jump Squat

Strength
Bulgarian Split Squat
Chest Supported Row

Deadlift
DBell Shoulder Press

Metalbolic
Kettle bell Swing

Workout B

Core
Spiderman Plank

Power
Dbell Push Press

Strength

Single Leg Deadlift (NEVER have I done these before)
Dbell Bench Press

Front Squat (Yes a step down from back squat of last phase, but I have a real hard time with these)
3 point Row

Metabolic
Box Jump

Replies

• ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    I recommend going light on the single leg romanian deadlift until you feel comfortable with the instability. Good luck with Phase 2! I'm about to finish my first week with Phase 1 and I'm looking forward to the progression.
  • Dan_Lifts
    Dan_Lifts Posts: 22
    This was my first week of NROL. I started doing the Single Leg RDL last week to work on my lousy balance and core stability. I started with a 10# Kettlebell for it and that's challenging enough for now. Good luck with NROL4L! Oh and for now I'm just using some of the core stuff from NROL4A in place of crunches. Eventually I'll get the next book too.
  • GorillaNJ
    Well I did something right... i am sore all over this morning. Last phase I think I built it with little shoulder work in my routine so I changed that up. And I am feeling it for sure.

I did not like doing the deadlifts last my arms were getting tired before my lower body, and my core was screaming... so I had to drop the weight down a little bit. but was a great workout all in all. Looking forward tothe next workout Sunday morning
  • GorillaNJ
    Single leg RDL.. wow talk about awkward. I am glad I did not fall flat on my face! The front squats are so awkward, and hurt my writs, I had to use WAY less then I ever would for a backsquat. Workout was great though
  • GorillaNJ
    Well I have been modifying my workout a bit...

Workout A

Core
    Feet elevated Plank (On balance ball- not as impossible as i imagined)

Combination
    Reverse Lunge/cable row

Power
    Jump Squat (with weight 75lb dumbell)

Strength
    Bulgarian Split Squat
    Chest Supported Row

Deadlift
    DBell Shoulder Press

Metalbolic
    Kettle bell Swing

Last night really did kick my *kitten*... by time I finished with the foam roller my entire body was twitching and damn near ready to collapse.

One thing that I am disliking about this routine is with the deadlift in the second superset I am not lifting nearly as much as I would if it was in the first... but I assume that is by design.
  • GorillaNJ
    In my last week of phase 2, going to take a break as I go away for a week. I will be sure to run while away and use the row boat instead of the powerboat for all my fishing... Then when I get back it is onto Phase 3!

This workout has been amazing... really kicked my @ss each time. I modified my plan last week and plan to keep this going the for my next 3 workouts.

Workout A

Core
    Feet elevated Plank -(On Balance Ball)

Combination
    Reverse Lunge/cable row

Power
    Jump Squat (Holding 70lb dumbell)

Strength
    (Front Lunge)
    (Inverted Row)

Deadlift
    (DB Bench Press)

Metalbolic
    Pushup/jump squat combo (These change depending on my mood)

Workout B

Core
    Spiderman Plank

Power
    Dbell Push Press

Strength

Single Leg Deadlift - found heavier weights a little easier for me to balance
    Dbell Shoulder Press

Front Squat (Yes a step down from back squat of last phase, but I have a real hard time with these)
    (Weighted T-pushup)

Metabolic
    Box Jump