please guys, need your help!!

Hey!

I'm 35 days into my MFP journey, and I've started doing strength workouts. In the last fifteen days I've lost 9 inches and now I'm "lifting heavy". Although maybe it's not heavy to some of you, but I'm only starting and I'm increasing weight all the time!

Today my workout was (all are 3 sets of 12)
16kg kettlebell swings
24kg dead lifts
12kg bench press
12kg shoulder press
10kg squats (I could have done more than this though I reckon)
16kg rows

Then after this I do between 10 and 20 minutes HIIT on the elliptical or bike.

I have a couple of stress fractures on one shin so I can't do lunges or any impact cardio or exercises. I try and eat healthy, I eat between 1600 and 2200 cals per day, including whey protein shakes. I feel so much stronger since I started and I have loads more energy and I love working out.

Keeping up?? Okay....
In less than a month I'll be somewhat in the middle of a "media storm" and I want to drop as much fat mass as possible! No, I didn't murder anyone, and no I'm not going on reality TV... it's a long story. I don't want people to take pictures of me or anything like that and I've managed to avoid it until now, but I can't avoid it at the end of this month.

I don't want to go on some stupid diet that will make me put weight on again super quick. So. What should I do? Exercise even more? (I do strength 3 days a week and cardio 3 other days a week and rest a day). Can I "overtrain"? Is that a real thing? Those biggest loser people train all day, I am pretty much in the position where I can do that this month. What are the negatives of working out so much?

If you tell me that it's a terrible idea to try and lose lots of weight and I should just keep at what I'm doing and accept how I look, I'll take it seriously. I'd rather be right than thinner faster. But if I can be thinner faster without being TOO wrong, I'd prefer that!

What do you think?

Replies

• Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    Honestly, we pretty much go the slow route around here because faster leads to problems that just send people back here in the first place! If you love yourself and your body, take it slow. Read the sticky threads, find your sweet spot and just let your body do the rest!