Soreness...do you have advice?

Options
stephanj
stephanj Posts: 898 Member
Hi All,

I haven't received my BR yet, but it's coming and I am so excited!

My question for you is: I am nervous about working out on the second and third day due to soreness from the first day. You know what I mean, when you give your all and the next day you can't make it up the stairs because your butt is in agony lol? How do you all find your soreness level during this program, and how do you get through the next one when you are still recovering from the first? Tips???

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• princess2boys
    princess2boys Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I start Week 8 on Monday and I was concerned about that at the beginning as well. I have been surprised at how "not-sore" I've been...granted, I will be the first to admit that I don't give 100% for all 30 minutes, but I think I'm doing okay as at my 6 week measurements I was down 15 inches ;o). I have been sore (especially arms and abs this week) but by the time that workout comes back around, I'm ready to go. I've never been so sore that it hurt to walk up stairs, etc. I actually prefer it when I'm just a bit sore, as it's a nice reminder of what I'm working for!

Good luck!

Christie
  • FitBrunette
    FitBrunette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that I am generally most sore when I advance to the next level of workouts. I was sore after the beginning of week 1 but was less sore of week 2. Soreness returned when I moved onto week 3 and workout's 3 and 4, but got better during week 4. Returned again for week 5 and so on. It was tolerable soreness though and I generally felt better when I would work out and felt less stiff. I think that's why it's important to continue to do the workouts despite if you feel sore because it actually helps the soreness go away. The most soreness I've felt where I felt the most uncomfortable was the morning after I did workout 9. But it was nothing that a couple of Advil couldn't take care of.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I will soldier through it I guess. Although the I will keep the Advil handy lol!
  • Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm weird, but I always find the best way to "beat" soreness is to workout. It gets the muscles warmed up and fired up again and the soreness is gone for me...at least until I wake up again the next day, but then I do another workout and feel great again. But again, I may very well just be weird.
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    Hi All,

I haven't received my BR yet, but it's coming and I am so excited!

My question for you is: I am nervous about working out on the second and third day due to soreness from the first day. You know what I mean, when you give your all and the next day you can't make it up the stairs because your butt is in agony lol? How do you all find your soreness level during this program, and how do you get through the next one when you are still recovering from the first? Tips???

Thanks in advance!

As crazy as this sounds, you kind of learn to love the soreness. EX: I just finished workouts 5 & 6 and am going on to 7 & 8 tomorrow. 5 & 6 and cardio 2 are still challenging for me. I was REALLY sore yesterday and had absolutely NO motivation to do Cardio 2. However, I grumbled about it and then got up and did it. The crazy part was that the more sore I felt, the harder I went. My hamstrings were really sore from workout 6 but I did butt kicks like nobody's business. I think the "mind over matter" mentality helps there too. However, (obviously) there have been days where I am just plain sore so I keep icy hot on hand. I find that it usually helps ease out the soreness so I can get through a workout. Also, remember that your body will adapt and learn that even through soreness you are going to work it out. I hope this was helpful; congratulations on taking on the program!