5'3" and 130lbs

Options
tbolashana
tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
i am 5'3" and weigh 128lbs. GW 120 (but will settle for 123[hs weight smile ])

i find it hard to lose these last few lbs. my hubby is just dropping his weight like hot cakes and i find myself jealous. i know everyone is different, but shoot i want to lose a lb a day.

i do insanity and didn't have a HRM until a few days ago, so i don't think i was eating enough.explode i was only eating 1200 and maybe i should've been eating more. i wasn't eating my exercise cal, but now i am. i am currently only doing the insanity, no strength training.

what do u think i should do? anybody with a similar story.

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Well your definitly not eating enough, especially doing insanity.

You should find your TDEE - 15 % cut target and use that for a daily calorie goal. When you set that you dont have to worry bout eating back the exercises calories.
  • Mandys_Getting_Fit
    Mandys_Getting_Fit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am the same height and current weight as you. I'd be very happy between 120 and 123 pounds. :happy:

I am eating between 2000 and 2100 calories daily (doing a metabolism reset), strength training 3x weekly and doing cardio 2x weekly. After the reset, I'll eat NO LESS than 1800 calories per day to drop the last few pounds if necessary. Honestly, ff my body is happy and looking more fit while eating 2000 daily, I'll keep doing that.

I definitely don't think that 1200 calories is enough for you though.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    thanks for responding. i am trying to eat more to weigh less. :tongue: i probably eat 1500 after exercise cal. i think maybe i should up it.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello, im similar to you. currently doing insanity and ive got my settings at 0.5lbs/week which gives me 1500 allowance and i eat my cals back. so i eat between 1500-1900 per day. I managed to lose all my weight last year and maintained between 120-123 for a year until feb when i got pregnant. sadly it wasnt meant to be so im trying to lose the extra 9lbs im carrying. proving to be quite tough!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity at the moment in combination with ChaLean Extreme and I am eating 2400kcal. When I have high burn days I eat even more.
    But I sm doing a reset at the moment, so I am not intending to lose for now
  • tbolashana
    Options
    hello, im similar to you. currently doing insanity and ive got my settings at 0.5lbs/week which gives me 1500 allowance and i eat my cals back. so i eat between 1500-1900 per day. I managed to lose all my weight last year and maintained between 120-123 for a year until feb when i got pregnant. sadly it wasnt meant to be so im trying to lose the extra 9lbs im carrying. proving to be quite tough!

sorry to hear about the pregnancy. this sound like a good base line for me. thanks
  • tbolashana
    Options
    Well your definitly not eating enough, especially doing insanity.

You should find your TDEE - 15 % cut target and use that for a daily calorie goal. When you set that you dont have to worry bout eating back the exercises calories.

how do i find my TDEE? is it on mfp?