Hello

M_lifts
M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
I found this group and hope i can see results like you have.

I got to goal last year and maintained until feb this year. I then found out i was pregnant with no 2, and then bloated and put on some weight. Unforunately i found out in April it wasnt meant to be. So post surgery and comfort eating i have put on a total of 10lbs. Big pill to swallow on top of everything else. I did what every rookie does and immediately cut my calories to 1200 thinking that it would help even though i knew better and ofcourse nothing changed.

However, i started doing insanity two weeks ago and upped my calories to lose 0.5lb/ week which gives me 1500 a day before exercise. i eat my exercise calories back so normally manage 1500+ 300cals exercise. However ive done my calculations on scooby's page and it give me a BMR 1395, TDEE 2407, and 15% cut 1925. The scale hasnt budged as yet but i feel stronger, my body feels firmer. I also realise i need to clean up my diet quite a bit (if anyone peeks into my diary!. So am i still undereating? Would appreciate some feedback. thanks

Replies

• rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    First of all, I am so sorry to hear of your struggles in the past few months. I can not imagine how difficult this has been for you.
    I am glad to hear that you are recovering and able to focus on your fitness again.

At this point I would not expect the scale to budge for you. You should not expect ANYTHING from the scale for at least a month if not more. My advice to everyone is to STAY OFF THE SCALE!!

You've said that you ARE seeing results in feeling better and firmer so THAT'S what your focus should be right now.

Your "Cut" looks and sounds good to me but you must eat that EVERYDAY regardless of exercise. The only time you eat more or change up is if you exercise at a level that causes your "Net" to be lower than your BMR. You MUST always eat your BMR, no matter what.

Looks like you're doing everything right~ now just proceed and watch what happens! Good Luck!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    WHOA!! I'm gonna have to change my last statement of how you're doing everything right~ took a look at your diary~you're right, it needs an overhaul!!

Not ONE single veggie in a whole week! And lots of foods out of boxes.

You can get a BIG serving of veggies in if you ate a salad somewhere during the day.

When you design a meal think RED, WHITE & GREEN: RED=lean protein, WHITE= whole grain carb, GREEN= VEGGIES!!
    Even a sandwich can fill that requirement: RED-turkey, cheese,etc.; WHITE- 2 slices WHOLE WHEAT bread; GREEN- lettuce & tomato, etc.

A note: here are some examples of "WHITES"~ whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, white sweet potatoes, whole wheat wraps.

Hope this helps~ the people here are very knowledgable so you're in good hands!! Good Luck (again!)