Running Playlist

Options
MissAmyB80
MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
OK - so I found this super fab website for finding music that matches your pace.
jogfm.com

So - the pace I would LIKE to work at for this go at Cto5K is 13 min/mile.
Yeah - that's a slow pace. I know. Last year I completed the program and RAN an entire 5K - several of them - in around 43-45 min each. So it's an improvement ok. :wink: I'm totally ok with my pokie runnin' - I'm gettin' the job done!!

Anyway...so not where I meant to go with this post.

So jogfm tells me my BPM (beats per minute) for music at that pace is 120. Very cool. I run through my regular running play list and realize a few of the songs fit - cool. But I def need more. So it gives me a HUGE list of all songs 120 BPM. In order of popularity. Like of the top 100 - like 15 of them are Ke$ha songs. OMG??? I'm sorry if any of you like her - but I DESPISE this chick. Her music is crap. The lyrics are redic. And apparently it's now confirmed that it's all the same damn song with a new arrangement of random stupid lyrics.

I digress.

The number 1 takeaway from this random post? Go check out jogfm.com - coolest website I've stumbled on in awhile!!! And I LOOOOVE my new playlist. Which has no ke$ha on it - BTW.

Replies

• GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just looked up jog.fm and it looks really fun. I'll give it a spin tomorrow.
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    Love it! thank you!
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    sounds really cool, i'll have to check it out!!
  • greenkarla
    greenkarla Posts: 15
    Options
    OMG!! THANK YOU!!!!
    This site if fantastic!
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!! I'm going to build a couple of play lists to find what would be a good tempo for me. I have noticed that I naturally speed up and slow down to the music. Thank you!
  • myrzee
    myrzee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is just AWESOME - the BPM database and the wonderful running route generator... I'm gonna have fun for my w1d2 tomorrow!
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!! I'm going to build a couple of play lists to find what would be a good tempo for me. I have noticed that I naturally speed up and slow down to the music. Thank you!

me, too!
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    YES!! thank you! exactly what I needed!!