Anybody out there?

Options
:smile: Hello fellow forty somethings!! Just rejoined this site for the 3rd time and I intend to make this time a real success story!!
I thought I'd have a better chance of sticking with it this time if I joined a group of like-minded women who are striving to achieve this common goal of "fit by fifty"!!

Does anybody else have an impending event that is going to increase their focus on fitness/healthy eating this summer? I have a high school reunion in September, would be nice to be back in the single digit size by then, but it's been years so any proress will be a success in my mind. Even 10 LBs would be a step in the right direction!!

Thanks!
Back4Good

Replies

• bogoes
    bogoes Posts: 1
    Options
    One thing that is probably true about forty-somethings: we're busy. I'm committed to regular workouts and tracking my nutrition. The time is always a challenge.
  • mommymeesh
    mommymeesh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I apologize, I started this board when I first joined MFP, then forgot about it because I've been so busy with life!! Let me tell you a litle bit about myself. I'm 46 and I've been overweight my entire life. I have a wonderful husband and we will celebrate our 25th anniversary in August! I have three great kids - 2 sons (20 and 15) and a daugher (12). I'm very blessed in many ways but my weight is something that I've never had the motiviation to take control of until now! My original motivation for beginning my weight loss journey was that my size 26's were getting tight and I wasn't going to buy a bigger size (not to mention - where do you find a larger size than 26?). So here I am 3.5 months into my journey and I've lost 35 lbs. I'm feeling better and more energetic than I have in a long time. I've comitted to be fit by 50!! Who's in?
  • mommymeesh
    mommymeesh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hello fellow forty somethings!! Just rejoined this site for the 3rd time and I intend to make this time a real success story!!
    I thought I'd have a better chance of sticking with it this time if I joined a group of like-minded women who are striving to achieve this common goal of "fit by fifty"!!

Does anybody else have an impending event that is going to increase their focus on fitness/healthy eating this summer? I have a high school reunion in September, would be nice to be back in the single digit size by then, but it's been years so any proress will be a success in my mind. Even 10 LBs would be a step in the right direction!!

Thanks!
    Back4Good

We were planning a trip to Disneyland for August and I really wanted to ride the rides and knew I wouldn't fit on most the size I was so that was another movitivation. Our trip has been postponed until spring break next year but the good news is that we recently went to our small local amusement park and I got to ride the rides for the first time in years!!! I had so much fun!!! Feels like I'm getting my life back!!
  • anewme58
    anewme58 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm out here! This is also my third time on this site but really want to give it my all for 2 impending reasons: My niece is getting married the end of August and I will be seeing a lot of family that I haven't seen in a while. And I am starting nursing school in Sept. and I need to get off the extra weight so that I can have a bit more stamina. Oh, okay - here's reason #3 - I forgot about this - my new motto is Fit and 50 not Fat & 50. I will be turning 50 by the end of the year. One day at a time!
  • DeDeSunshine1967
    Options
    I apologize, I started this board when I first joined MFP, then forgot about it because I've been so busy with life!! Let me tell you a litle bit about myself. I'm 46 and I've been overweight my entire life. I have a wonderful husband and we will celebrate our 25th anniversary in August! I have three great kids - 2 sons (20 and 15) and a daugher (12). I'm very blessed in many ways but my weight is something that I've never had the motiviation to take control of until now! My original motivation for beginning my weight loss journey was that my size 26's were getting tight and I wasn't going to buy a bigger size (not to mention - where do you find a larger size than 26?). So here I am 3.5 months into my journey and I've lost 35 lbs. I'm feeling better and more energetic than I have in a long time. I've comitted to be fit by 50!! Who's in?

I'm in!!! I'm 45 years old and am the mother of three sons (21, 19, 17). I've been overweight ever since I gave birth to my first son. I never got rid of the added pregnancy weight and just kept getting bigger after every pregnancy. I now weigh almost the same as I did the night BEFORE I gave birth to my third son. I got VERY lucky to make friends with a lovely lady who gives personal workouts. I've been meeting with her three days a week since August 28th and have already lost 10 pounds in a month! (AND she's not charging me anything!!!!) When I'm not meeting with her I'm making sure to get at least 30 minutes of cardio in my daily routine. I did the Three Day Military Diet (I lost 3 pounds) but it gave me a huge headache the morning of the third day. I definitely recommend eating healthy low-fat low-carbs meals and exercising daily! We can do it, people! Ladies? Uhmm, are there any guys in this group?
  • DeDeSunshine1967
    Options
    I'm out here! This is also my third time on this site but really want to give it my all for 2 impending reasons: My niece is getting married the end of August and I will be seeing a lot of family that I haven't seen in a while. And I am starting nursing school in Sept. and I need to get off the extra weight so that I can have a bit more stamina. Oh, okay - here's reason #3 - I forgot about this - my new motto is Fit and 50 not Fat & 50. I will be turning 50 by the end of the year. One day at a time!

Did you lose weight by the time of the wedding???