For all Begginers - Why the scale lies *read!*

Options
13»

Replies

• veganpoler
    veganpoler Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That was very informative and makes me feel a whole lot better about the fluctuations that I've been seeing on the scale.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That was very informative and makes me feel a whole lot better about the fluctuations that I've been seeing on the scale.

If I didnt just buy a new one, I would want to set it on fire sometimes :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

If I didnt just buy a new one, I would want to set it on fire sometimes :)

ROFL:laugh:
  • francesmary1
    francesmary1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks this makes a lot of sense, weighed myself this morning and had gained 2lbs so needed to ground myself with some sensible information!
  • jonesjeannie
    Options
    Hey Thanks for the information. MFP is new to me and my friend keeps telling me I don't eat enough. I have a lot of weight to loose and I think this forum will help me a lot. I'm lucky if I eat twice a day. I have it in my head, if I eat I will gain more weight and I can't do that. I know I have to get healthy for myself and my 2 boys. I lost my husband 1 1/2 years ago to cancer at the age of 39.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hey Thanks for the information. MFP is new to me and my friend keeps telling me I don't eat enough. I have a lot of weight to loose and I think this forum will help me a lot. I'm lucky if I eat twice a day. I have it in my head, if I eat I will gain more weight and I can't do that. I know I have to get healthy for myself and my 2 boys. I lost my husband 1 1/2 years ago to cancer at the age of 39.

Welcome to the group! Sorry for your loss. I am getting healthy for my son as well. I want to be around a long time and teach him the right way about fitness and health so he can live a full life with his future family.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Had to read this again after stepping on the scale this AM! THANKS!
  • Baybbee123
    Baybbee123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How do I ever begin to express my thanks on this. It totally explains my 4 lb gain from Sunday. I was so frustrated his morning that I began another side journal of what I am noticing and what I am eating. My sodium has been ridiculous & I know for a fact my water intake has been low. This is probably a great indication of why I gained.

Thank you so much! I am going to print this up and every time I dread drinking that water (I'm working on it!), I'll look at this as some inspiration to chug it down! Lol thanks Mike!!!