Cardio question

Options
quie618
quie618 Posts: 102 Member
Right now my exercise has been focused on strength - doing Jillian Michaels - which definitely gets my heart pounding. I've also been aiming for 30 minutes of walking with the dog which gets my heart pumping but isn't a hardcore cardio workout.

I want to get back into spinning. I am not a member of a gym right now and since I'm going to be moving relatively soon joining a gym isn't an option. I've looked into several spinning studios but the prices are ridic at $20 per class. Luck has it that the studio I've been eyeing was offering a deal on Living Social - 5 class for $25. I bought it.

Sorry this is getting long winded now to the question. If I like this place and want to continue spinning there, is going twice, maybe three times a month going to be effective? This would be in addition to my current strength routine. I can't justify spending more than $60 a month on this.

Thanks for your insight!

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Right now my exercise has been focused on strength - doing Jillian Michaels - which definitely gets my heart pounding. I've also been aiming for 30 minutes of walking with the dog which gets my heart pumping but isn't a hardcore cardio workout.

I want to get back into spinning. I am not a member of a gym right now and since I'm going to be moving relatively soon joining a gym isn't an option. I've looked into several spinning studios but the prices are ridic at $20 per class. Luck has it that the studio I've been eyeing was offering a deal on Living Social - 5 class for $25. I bought it.

Sorry this is getting long winded now to the question. If I like this place and want to continue spinning there, is going twice, maybe three times a month going to be effective? This would be in addition to my current strength routine. I can't justify spending more than $60 a month on this.

Thanks for your insight!

Any added exercise, weather it be Strength or Cardio is beneficial. if you average your calorie deficit over the course of a month, it will be better with the added cardio then without.

I say go for it! Just remember if the spin class takes you below your BMR to eat some of the extra calories back.

Mike
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I would think going once a week would be great! I try to only do 2 hard cardio days, and then 3 strength training days. Then usually a day on the weekend where I take a good long walk.
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I use to spin a lot and I loved it. I'm looking forward to doing it again!

I told my mom and since my birthday is coming up, she might give me some $$$ for classes. :happy:
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I've only done it twice! It was definitely challenging!