Age and Positive Reactions To Low Carbing

Options
TheVimFuego
TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
I have a theory that the older the person is the more likely they are receptive to the logic of low carbing. Especially if they also need to drop some fat.

I guess this is because they are more likely to have had their metabolism kicked around by excess carbohydrate and see the logic in reducing the very thing that is causing them issues (i.e. they have some degree of insulin resistance and therefore a form of carbohydrate intolerance).

From a completely unscientific look at some of the responses online I would venture that the more opposed or outright hostile someone is the more likely they are to be relatively young.

Sweeping generalisations, naturally, but a grain of truth in this?

Replies

• kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have a theory that the older the person is the more likely they are receptive to the logic of low carbing. Especially if they also need to drop some fat.

I guess this is because they are more likely to have had their metabolism kicked around by excess carbohydrate and see the logic in reducing the very thing that is causing them issues (i.e. they have some degree of insulin resistance and therefore a form of carbohydrate intolerance).

From a completely unscientific look at some of the responses online I would venture that the more opposed or outright hostile someone is the more likely they are to be relatively young.

Sweeping generalizations, naturally, but a grain of truth in this?

so true especially this bit, i.e. they have some degree of insulin resistance and therefore a form of carbohydrate intolerance).
    large people as they get older often find they become diabetic and carbs are complicated sugars.