losing weight not inches

Options
MichelleRenee13
MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
I have lost 26 pounds since january and I haven't even gone down 1 pant size. I don't measure myself since I do it incorrectly. there are certain pants I put on after I have a weight loss and they are still quite tight. they are just 1 size down from where I started back in january. I am extremely frustrated and at my wits end. it is 5 months and 26 pounds and I cant go down a size? I have always had this problem when losing weight I will be the smallest weighing person in the largest size pants. it doesn't make me want to continue, yet I don't want to go back to old habits. I feel like I'm at a standstill I don't know what to do.

anyone else ever have the same experience?

michelle

Replies

• Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    We need a little more information. Such as what do you do for exercise, what were you eating for calories, what type of food were/are you eating?
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    We need a little more information. Such as what do you do for exercise, what were you eating for calories, what type of food were/are you eating?

I just started to incorporate resistance training 2 weeks ago. I work with weights 3 * a week for approximately 30 minutes. I do 2 days of high intensity interval training at 30/45 --9 rounds.

I am a vegetarian so I tenf to eat more carbs and I love them. I am trying to up my protein w/o shakes. I am heading towards becoming vegan, so whey is out. It is going to be a while before I get to vegan....but I don't what to intrduce other animal products into my diet other than the dairy (small amounts) that I am currently consuming.

I started @ 200# and am 174 now. I fit size 16 in dress slacks, but jeans...size 18, 16 are very tight.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    What does your resistance training consist of? Is it high reps and low weights or high weights and low reps where you move up in weights over time?
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    The heaviest weight I use is 15#, which is heavy for me..low reps. I am doing a basic, total body routine. It is a different routine on each day. I have increased chest to 15#, everything else is the same weight but progressing to the higher rage of the amounts of reps suggested. 3 sets per exercise.

But, have only completed 2nd week on friday....been working on weight loss since January.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You must figure out a way to get in more protein. I believe there are threads in this forum on vegan proteins. The protein and progressively upping weights will help. Maybe start a more structured program like New Rules...:flowerforyou:
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    I am happy with the resistance training training that I am doing and plan to up the weight as needed. I know I need to add more protein, but that is a real struggle.

If I didn't hate protein shakes and I had more money...it would be a little easier.

I spend quite a bit of money on my dog, Louie, that has a seizure disorder that is getting worse. The seizure don't seem to be controlled by medicine any longer and I take him in for blood work often and trying new drugs. He is having seizures more often and they are much more powerful. I will end there...but sheesh...I wish money grew on trees! lol
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I have lost 26 pounds since january and I haven't even gone down 1 pant size. I don't measure myself since I do it incorrectly. there are certain pants I put on after I have a weight loss and they are still quite tight. they are just 1 size down from where I started back in january. I am extremely frustrated and at my wits end. it is 5 months and 26 pounds and I cant go down a size? I have always had this problem when losing weight I will be the smallest weighing person in the largest size pants. it doesn't make me want to continue, yet I don't want to go back to old habits. I feel like I'm at a standstill I don't know what to do.

anyone else ever have the same experience?

michelle
    Take a look at this video that shows 5 lbs. of fat vs. 5 lbs. of muscle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozt-V0PPJaw

I'm finding it very hard to believe that you've lost over 5 of those 5 lbs of fat and don't see a change. Perhaps you are a "pear" and carry most of your weight in the lower half? If so, you may be losing mostly from your upper body first and will eventually see the loss from the lower half. That's the way it was for me. However, I'm concerned that you may be losing a lot of muscle along with any fat loss and since muscle is more dense you won't see as big a difference. I don't want to ramble on about this if I'm wrong about your body composition so I'll just leave it at that for now.
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    My weight is carried mainly in my upper, lower stomach and hips.
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    All I can say is give it time. The fat will come off from wherever it chooses. Many times the first place you put it on is the last place it will come off. Just keep at it and know that you have to put fuel in the tank for the engine to run.
  • SurroDoula
    SurroDoula Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Are you tall? I'm somewhere around 5'8", and I find it takes a good 15 lbs before I notice a difference in my clothing size, and 20 before I need to consider going down a size. Frustrating, but I just look at how much money I save by not buying smaller clothes all the time.
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    I like the money saving thought you expressed!

I am 5'5 and was told, by my sisters, that I am an hourglass shape.