NROLFW Questions!

Options
MrsKosal
MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
I'm getting myself confused on the workout plans! I am starting Stage 1 tomorrow and reading the charts to figure out what I'll be doing.

Where it says:

Workout A

Squats

Workout 1,2
Workout 3,4
Workout 5,6
Workout 7,8

Do you do each one? So like one is with X reps and the other is a different # reps, and the next with different reps.

So essentially doing the same type of exercise 8 different times?

Replies

• meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    You only do 2 sets of reps for each workout, but workout 1 is your whole first workout: squats (2 sets), pushups/row (2 sets each), step up/ball exercise (can't remember what it's called, 2 sets each). Doing all of this should take you 25 minutes or so. You definitely don't want to try 8 sets of each... I don't think you'd make it. :) It seems simple, but really is a good workout. So if you do workout one A today, do one B at your next workout (in 2-3 days), then 2A (2-3 days later), then 2B and so on. Does that make sense?
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You only do 2 sets of reps for each workout, but workout 1 is your whole first workout: squats (2 sets), pushups/row (2 sets each), step up/ball exercise (can't remember what it's called, 2 sets each). Doing all of this should take you 25 minutes or so. You definitely don't want to try 8 sets of each... I don't think you'd make it. :) It seems simple, but really is a good workout. So if you do workout one A today, do one B at your next workout (in 2-3 days), then 2A (2-3 days later), then 2B and so on. Does that make sense?

Then why are there only 8 workouts? I thought we did phase 1 for 6 weeks. Ahhhh.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    As far as I understand, stage 1 consists of workouts A and B. So, today I did A, wednesday I'll do B and friday it'll be A again.

I find the spreadsheet on the book confusing as well, but what you have to do is two sets of 15 reps each. So, on the spreadsheet, under exercise you'll write

Squats
    workout 1
    sets 2
    reps 15
    set1 *how many you completed out of 15*
    set2 *how many you did* /15

Then, write Push-ups below complete the chart in the same way.
    When workout 2 comes around on friday, you'll complete the line for workout 2 under each exercise. Oh, I have a spreadsheet for workout A and a different one for workout B, which I'll start filling on wednesday.
    Is it clear? It's difficult to explain this!
  • Fairieluv77
    Options
    There's a group for NROLFW on here. Check it out. One of the threads has an extremely useful spreadsheet you can printout. It makes it so much easier to understand.
  • Vespyr
    Vespyr Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Then why are there only 8 workouts? I thought we did phase 1 for 6 weeks. Ahhhh.

There are 16 workouts A workout and B workout + 2 days of special workout A and B

So if today is day one do workout A, Wednesday do B, Friday do A and so on. The website has a printable table that I like to use. I use a separate page for A and B
  • Fairieluv77
    Options
    Try this. It helped me bunches.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmBawuhJvld5dFBNQnRfMUNtU3F4TXc4YmdpWWQyRnc

There are tabs at the bottom for each Stage.
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    saving to refer back to when my book arrives :)
  • jmmscccslp
    jmmscccslp Posts: 42
    Options
    bump for when i'm ready to start in a couple of weeks!