Kind of lost on my numbers

braggsalot
braggsalot Posts: 41 Member
I am trying to figure out what I should be at for activity level. I stay at home with my kids but I don't need to do any running after them and I am pretty sedentary when I am home. I try to go to the gym or walk 5 times a week for an hour to 1.5 hours each time. I started lifting this past week too and that amount of time is included in the above.

My weight is 236 and I have been stalled for a bit. I ate between 1400-1600 calories a day regardless of how much exercise/activity I had that day until this past week I upped my calories to 1647 without adding my exercise calories into that. When I did exercise for the day I would eat around 2000 calories.

I entered my information on Scooby but I am unsure of what I should put for my activity level and I am trying to lose 1.5 to 2 pounds a week because of my health. So I am doing 25% calorie reduction.

A breakdown of my questions

-What would you consider my activity level
-How much calories should I take in, age 35, 65 inches and 236 pounds, trying to lose 1.5-2 pounds a week
-How do you get enough protein and fiber at the same time
-What do you consider lifting and how do you figure out what and how much lifting you should do
-Can you tighten your tummy after losing 100+ pounds and having a huge tummy from being pregnant
-How do you know how many calories you need on your inactive days
-How many days a week do you lift or do aerobic activity

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Hello,

- Moderate Activity level
    - Protein shakes and fiber supplements
    - Lifting varies, but most consider it free weights/weight machines ect. I life 3 times a week
    - Skin will generally shrink as you lose weight. If you lose weight to fast you will have skin folds hanging.
    - you eat the same amount of calories on non-workout days as you do on workout days if you are using at TDEE - % cut target.
    - I do cardio 5x a week, and lift 3x a week.

Thanks,
  • braggsalot
    braggsalot Posts: 41 Member
    Hello,

- Moderate Activity level
    - Protein shakes and fiber supplements
    - Lifting varies, but most consider it free weights/weight machines ect. I life 3 times a week
    - Skin will generally shrink as you lose weight. If you lose weight to fast you will have skin folds hanging.
    - you eat the same amount of calories on non-workout days as you do on workout days if you are using at TDEE - % cut target.
    - I do cardio 5x a week, and lift 3x a week.

Thanks,

Thank you fiveohmike!

When does the activity level increase up to the next one?
    How many times do you recommend to lift in a week?
    Are the weight machines with 25-40 pounds for my upper body and 40-55 pounds for my lower body sound right?

Thanks again!