Can someone take a peek?

Options
danipals
danipals Posts: 143 Member
Hi there!

I'm hoping someone could just double-check my understanding of the info here. I just don't trust myself at this point after years of doing every diet out there....

Height: 5'6"
CW: 162
GW: 145
Workouts: Bootcamp (strength with cardio) 1x /week 60min
Biking 14-15mph for 60min 3x/week (just took up after running a half-marathon and dealing with plantar fascitiis)
Strong class (weights) 1x week 60min

When I calculate according to Scooby's site I get the following numbers:

RMR is 1484 (actually came up a little higher when tested last year but have gained 5lbs since then and don't know how accurate any more)
TDEE is 2301 (chose moderate exercise 3-5d/week)
-15% is 1956

So from my understanding, I should custom enter the 1956 as my calorie goal and not add the exercise calories in unless I exercise over 472 cals so that I don't net under my RMR.

Do these numbers sound correct? I have also read about people doing the restart and eating TDEE for a few weeks. I'm really nervous about that but don't know if I am a candidate...

Background: You know how everyone has their "thing". Dieting is my thing. I have dieted for the past 25 years doing every single one I have come across. (I would seriously challenge someone to find one I haven't tried :() Every trip to the library I stop at the new non-fiction books to see if there is a new book that has come out that I have't read yet. One of the recent ones was even how to not diet ever again! I am the person in the article about the 700 calorie woman. I am so "good" during the week that I lose it one day on the weekend. That was yesterday and really, the "lose it" part was a piece of key lime pie and 3 dove chocolate promises. Not enough to make a big difference realistically.

I enjoy working out although I've had a few issues lately. I had plantar fascists issues throughout my whole training which has led to other issues probably from overcompensating for the sore foot. I also have rotator cuff pain right now so am having to be careful about upper body weight lifting for a few weeks. I actually enjoy exercise though. I somehow managed to train for the half-marathon this spring (running 286m in the process) and logged all of my food religiously and didn't lose even half a pound. VERY frustrating. I have moved my net goal around from 1200-1600 and the scale never moved. AT ALL. My trainer at the gym doesn't even know what to tell me any more but I'm tired of getting the "IF you are eating like you say you are...I don't understand why you are not working." I am one of those people that it is not a matter of having a random deficit.

Thank you to all who have posted for us newcomers. It's like having a manual at our fingertips. It is also inspiring to see all of you fit people in your pictures. I'm fit and strong under this stubborn 15-20 lbs. of fat and I appreciate any advice!

Danielle

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Post will be short cause I am on my phone lol

But yes you are on the right track. Eat your TDEE cut target without eating back exercise calories as its already added in. If you do an large burn, that drops you below your BMR then yes eat those back.

Mike
  • cazsyl
    cazsyl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would give it a couple of weeks at the TDEE cut and if that doesn't work I'd go for the metabolism reset - I'm in the middle of doing that now - I'd also been dieting for many years.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I would give it a couple of weeks at the TDEE cut and if that doesn't work I'd go for the metabolism reset - I'm in the middle of doing that now - I'd also been dieting for many years.

I agree. I am resetting as well atm :)
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. It's a hard concept for a life-long dieter!

Danielle