Help!! Putting on weight!

Abevemi
Abevemi Posts: 54 Member
I am hoping that some of you can help me make sense of what is happening to me.......
I have been eating at 1400-1500 calories for 6 months, and in that time lost 10kg. I hit a plateau about 2 months ago, and weight loss stopped completely. I read up on the eat more to lose weight topics, and upped my calories to 1800 just over a week ago. Since then I have put on 1.7kg!!!!
I should add that I am also breastfeeding my 13 month old daughter. My BMR was somewhere around 1300, with my TDEE around 2100.
I do bodyrock workouts 5 times a week, and also walk for about 60 minutes a time, 3 times a week.

Hoping someone can help me, as I am getting really disheartened :(
TIA

Replies

• junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    I think you may need to rethink your activity level--what is yours set at? I would think with the 5 workouts a week, plus 180 minutes of walking, you may need to eat more than you think you do. Also, it's normal to gain when you first start eating more. From what I've seen on here, it takes a lot of people several weeks (sometimes months) of eating more before they start to lose weight...it takes our bodies a long time to adjust, especially if we have been eating at huge deficits for a long time.

I gained 5-6 lbs in the first few weeks that I first started eating more and I actually made the choice to stop weighing myself for a few months so that it wouldn't distract me. I haven't gotten any bigger--my clothes are actually starting to get looser. I feel amazing and I have more energy than I have had in a long time. These are the things I am choosing to focus on, rather than the scale weight.

Have you read through the threads that are at the top of the discussions page? They contain valuable information about what to expect when eating more, how to adjust if you are not seeing results, etc.

Keep up the good work! I hope you stick with this and don't get too discouraged--it's a journey, after all, and there are a lot of people in this group who are going through the same process. There is a tremendous amount of support here and lots of good information.