*kitten*!

sicchi
sicchi Posts: 189 Member
Lol, I don't mean u guys..... I think I was served full coke on the w/e when I ordered diet, and I cant tell the diff. Anyways, an hour after I felt horrible, faint, with the urge to spew. Since then my body is retaining water and I feel really bloated. So my question is " If a low carber has a large amount of sugar, how long before everything regulates again?" I mean I put on 7 pounds overnight. I feel horrible. have been 20g or less last 2 days since. Almost gave up on low carb, feel so crappy. Any advice? Has this happened to you??

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Give it about 24 hours, drink plenty of water to help flush it out of your system...
  • sicchi
    ok, so the scales went down 4 pounds overnight. But I am still at my original weight after 2 months. This is so hard for me. I am working out too but I know even turning fat to muscle, I should lose SOME weight??? Could three low carb beers on friday night seriously put me back at square 1??? with the possible coke spiking???
  • cramernh
    Lets give you another perspective: the more and more you let yourself willingly stress, you will cause your body to create cortisol - a hormone notorious for putting weight on...

You have got to stop worrying so much otherwise you, yourself, will become the problem...

Just get back on track, dont look at this as a daily thing, and move forward... You have got to come to terms with changing your behaviors or otherwise, it will stress you more and youll start grabbing for more of the things you are trying to limit or eliminate.
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Lets give you another perspective: the more and more you let yourself willingly stress, you will cause your body to create cortisol - a hormone notorious for putting weight on...

You have got to stop worrying so much otherwise you, yourself, will become the problem...

Just get back on track, dont look at this as a daily thing, and move forward... You have got to come to terms with changing your behaviors or otherwise, it will stress you more and youll start grabbing for more of the things you are trying to limit or eliminate.

Excellent advice. Push the water and it will flush it out. I had unsweet tea with dinner one night, waitress offered me a "to-go" cup, half way home and taken several big sips I realized it was not my splenda I was tasting but pure sugar. Grrrr.... started pushing the water and within 24 hrs, was ok. Lesson learned.
  • sicchi
    Thanks guys, yeah I just stress caus eits been a good 2 months with no progress...... I will stress less then, the working out definantly helps. Thanks for the advice though. Think I will just order water when eating out from now on. :)
  • cramernh
    . Think I will just order water when eating out from now on. :)

Im a big fan of seltzer water (just carbonated water) with fresh lemon and lime. Or, even a refreshing cucumber-mint... now THAT leaves me wanting more every time! LOL!