What are the ´musts´ if I wanna try Insanity?

Options
ElizaRoche
ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
Ok, so Ive lost 44 lbs so far, away 27 of my GW. All the exercise I do is zumba.

Recently I asked in my FB if somebody was into Insanity, and all I get was:
-zumba is nothing compared to insanity (I KNOW), its like walking on grass.. so you should start doing more intense cardio first.
-build more background (I just started working out in january), if you start this soon with insanity it wont be good.

I know I cant compare zumba with it (even tho my zumba classes are pretty intense), but come on.. Im trying to start with a healthier life and ppl cut my wings that way?. Get on my nerves, its not like im starting tomorrow anyway; another of my friends told me I should try p90x first, BUT i dont wanna do weights yet, I wanna reach my GW first.

So should I stick to just zumba? or what are your thoughts?

Replies

• hsaab
    hsaab Posts: 36
    Options
    Hiii

I'm currently doing Insanity just finished my first week. I personally like intense exercise so I enjoy it ( I also hate it lol ) but I wouldn't say that it's not doable, I think most ppl can do it if they are up for the challenge... its more of mental thing, you have to be able to push your self.

I've also done 1 month of p90x but I liked insanity better because the workouts are shorter and no weights are involved. Its a preferance thing. Plus p90x is 90 days and insanity is 60. Personally I recommend Insanity but all depends on your goals. But from the sound of it Insanity would suit you better.

PLUS you can go at your own pace so its not like you have to keep up with those guys. Trust me though after a few weeks you will be able to. I would say go for it if your up for the challenge! Just go at your own pace. :) Feel free to ask me any other Qs about insanity!
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I think anyone can do Insanity as long as you listen to your body. Just go at your own pace but continue to push yourself and you'll be able to keep up with them by the end of it!! I'm starting my second week of Insanity today and I love it. I'm also not in great shape and have a good bit to lose, but I can already tell a huge difference in my body. I've already lost inches over my entire body! Because of my weight, I do have some knee issues so on some of the exercises I just modify them slightly so I can continue to do them without hurting myself. Just modify what you need to and you'll do great!!! Insanity is definitely the hardest workout I have ever done (the warmup alone has you drenched by the end of it!) but it is so worth it!!!!
    Feel free to add me if you decide to try it and we can motivate each other through the insanity!! :)
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    The cool thing about Insanity is that they encourage you to go at your own speed and not overdo it. Listen to your body, but "Dig deeper!" :wink: I started my first round of Insanity a couple months ago and thought that my bicycling would have helped me, but it still kicked my butt. Just be prepared to go all out and then some. It's a great program as long as you stick with it. Good job on the 47 lbs so far, and keep it up!