Any women in their late forties to fifties tried this?

kcragg
kcragg Posts: 239 Member
I am curious to know if any women in their late forties to fifties have tried this and been successful. As women of that age range are usually changing hormone - wise and metabolism is slowing down.

I have upped my calories to TDEE -20%, I eat clean and exercise regularly, a mix of weights and cardio. I am near to my goal weight and just want to lose some more body fat really. Weight loss has slowed, but still reducing intermittently. Not too worried just curious really.

:smile:

Replies

• kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Anyone??
  • donna9089
    donna9089 Posts: 87
    Good morning

I am beginning week 5 today. I am 53, 184#, and 5'3". I got an actual BMR test my second week so the first week I was not eating enough. I could tell right away after starting EM2WL that I felt better physically (can lift more and had more energy), and mentally (can keep my thoughts together). I felt like I had to stuff myself for about a week to get in all the healthy calories and most time I still miss my cut by about 100 or so, but much better and I actually get hungry now which was not happening when I was eating around 1000 or so every day. The mentioned bloatedness never really came for me and I have not had the week of extreme fatigue either, however, I was already lifting pretty heavy before so maybe that is why. I have not had TOM for several months so that has not been a factor.

I have not gained weight nor have I lost weight in the past 5 weeks to speak of, maybe +/- 1/2 lb. I have lost 1/2 inch around my neck and around my chest, 2 inches around the hips, and my waist has not changed. I am thinking I may need to up my calories another 100 this week since I am now sitting at my cut of 1885. The downward spiral I am hoping will begin soon. Many folks in this group have had success with this program. I hope to one day be a success story as well.