Im confused with all this bmr / tdee?

annanoel21
annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
Mfp set my Cal's at 1500 to lose 2 lbs a week. My bmr is 1825. Idk what the tdee is yet
I've read the sticky on it but I'm still confused . It seems like it doesn't matter if I eat the mfp recommended Cal 1500 or over the bmr 1825, I still gain weight. Not understanding that.

Replies

• MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Try to read through all of the stickied posts. It's a lot of information, but you'll have the "AHA" moment once you read through everything.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Hi there! Welcome!

Go work out your numbers here and let us know!

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    If you're confused, keep reading.

Most of all, have patience! It takes weeks to settle into higher calorie ranges. Read all the links and the sticky topics - they will help you get to that AHA! moment.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Mfp set my Cal's at 1500 to lose 2 lbs a week. My bmr is 1825. Idk what the tdee is yet
    I've read the sticky on it but I'm still confused . It seems like it doesn't matter if I eat the mfp recommended Cal 1500 or over the bmr 1825, I still gain weight. Not understanding that.

BMR is what your bodies needs, calorie wise, if you were laying in a coma on a bed. You need to eat over your BMR to help with the weight loss. Eating under your BMR will slow your metabolism to a point where you are gaining weight, or stalling (just look at all of the 1200 calorie threads in the main forum).

If you post your height/weight/age we can calc your numbers for you and give you a great starting point.

Thanks,
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member

BMR is what your bodies needs, calorie wise, if you were laying in a coma on a bed. You need to eat over your BMR to help with the weight loss. Eating under your BMR will slow your metabolism to a point where you are gaining weight, or stalling (just look at all of the 1200 calorie threads in the main forum).

If you post your height/weight/age we can calc your numbers for you and give you a great starting point.

Thanks,

Height/weight/age
    5`8 / 225 / 22
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member

Thanks,

Height/weight/age
    5`8 / 225 / 22

This is what Scooby's site said:

BMR-1832

For lightly active: TDEE- 2519 TDEE-15%= 2141

Moderately active: TDEE= 2839 TDEE-15%= 2413

So you would want to eat 2141 or 2413 (depending on your activity level) every day, but if you have a very hard workout and that takes you below your BMR then you need to eat more to at least net your BMR.