Sodium and Sugar

MUByM
MUByM Posts: 208
Hello everyone. I've been having a really hard time getting to 2150 calories and not going over my sodium and/or sugar. Does anyone have some suggestions on foods that are high in calories but low on sodium and/or sugar? Thanks so much!

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Personally the sugar one is impossible to stay under, especially since it includes fruit. There is no deviation between what are "good" sugars and what are "bad"... my opinion is to stop tracking sugar. If you are eating "clean" foods, this really isnt an issue

As for the salt, that one takes a bit of time to figure out. The easiest way to stay under on sodium is the limit your processed foods. Watch the labels and pay more attention to what you are eating. Things that you didnt think of containing salt, are usually the scariest ones! I was shocked at how much salt was in plain old bread! If you eat out a lot, this will definitely have a high salt intake.

The only thing to really lower on both accounts is to eat cleaner..Can you open your diary to let us see what is going on?
  • I also quit tracking sugar. I eat plenty of fruit so I was always over. I haven't had much trouble with sodium unless I eat out or drink too many sodas.
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Personally the sugar one is impossible to stay under, especially since it includes fruit. There is no deviation between what are "good" sugars and what are "bad"... my opinion is to stop tracking sugar. If you are eating "clean" foods, this really isnt an issue

As for the salt, that one takes a bit of time to figure out. The easiest way to stay under on sodium is the limit your processed foods. Watch the labels and pay more attention to what you are eating. Things that you didnt think of containing salt, are usually the scariest ones! I was shocked at how much salt was in plain old bread! If you eat out a lot, this will definitely have a high salt intake.

The only thing to really lower on both accounts is to eat cleaner..Can you open your diary to let us see what is going on?

Yea, I used to not go over but then I started eating more fruit and bam I can't stay under. The sodium is what had been getting me. I drink a lor of water so I don't know if that helps any. I started off eating very clean but was only eating about 600 calories and now with eating more it's like I always go over. I probably am eating too much processed junk. Anyways, just opened it up. Let me know what you figure out. Thank you