Would you move...

Options
coachblt
coachblt Posts: 1,090
to a new city if you found you might or do have a future with someone?

Replies

• Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    If I didn't have kids to uproot and I could find a job there... yes. Love rocks!

I actually did that once.. I followed my ex-husband to Seattle. It was a great adventure.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

Too many factors to take in to account....most importantly--how far away?

I would consider it.........I think if it was in the same state, and I don't have kids--I am sure that would be a deciding factor for many........and how long has this "someone" been around?
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I totally WOULD...if it were just me... But, since I have kiddos and their dad is here in Missouri, I think I'd have to stay here until they graduate.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would. Why not?
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Only if I could find a job with the same company in that city, I have been there too long to leave now.
  • Jules0336
    Jules0336 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes, almost moved to the US a few years ago
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Yes,since I intend to move anyways that would be an added bonus...having someone there.
    I would hope it would be out in the country some though.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'd move to a new city for far worse reasons than that.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I would not move for "maybe." Only for "definitely" and only if it made sense for me to be the one who moves. I live in my favorite city. I'm within driving distance of my family, with whom I am very close. I have a great professional opportunity here. I wouldn't totally rule out moving, but, like I said, only if it made more sense than him moving here to be with me.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about moving to a new city with someone you are already seeing (say you're in somewhat of a new relationship with someone and they get a job in a new city) or moving to turn a long distance relationship into a regular, local relationship?

It really depends on career goals and where the relationship is at. Agree with JQ that it has to be a very definite thing.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was faced with that exact decision a couple of years back.

For me, I'm a California native transplanted (or exiled as I refer to it) to the upper Midwest. I'd love move almost anywhere, but as Casey said, if would have to be for more than a "Maybe".

The only thing holding me here is a far greater love - that of my children
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yes. Why not? Assuming I didn't have a child I would in a second. You only have one life and if it didn't work you can always move back.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Yes. If I felt the connection was strong enough.

Worst case scenario: I move back home. :P
  • Kimmers_80
    Kimmers_80 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hell yes! I even have 2 kids and an awesome job. But if I found the one that I am supposed to be with...it will all work out. Obvioulsy, there will have to be some compromise, but I have moved for my ex-husband since he is in the Air Force - and I would do it again!
  • Kimmers_80
    Kimmers_80 Posts: 23
    Options

Worst case scenario: I move back home. :P

EXACTLY! :)
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options

Depends on how far. I will not if it is out of my Province.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. My son is only 3 so I wouldn't be taking him out of school anyway. I am planning on moving before he starts school.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Yes...
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Depends on how far. I will not if it is out of my Province.

Reasons why not?
    (I'm curious).
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    You bet I would. I love exploring new places and travel so that wouldn't be a problem at all